Old 08-27-2016, 07:33 PM   #1

Any 201BHXL or 261BH XL owners out there?

Well the time has come. We now own a Rockwood pop up for 3 years now, and have had the roof replaced 2 times already, and it is having the same issue again with small cracks in the coating on the top, the dealer said it comes from me cover the camper.??? Well anyway we want to trade up. We looked at two campers today the 201 and the 261 bh xl. If you own ether I would like to hear what you think. We campe less 50 miles from home I would love to do a road trip soon, we will be towing with a 1999 expadition with a 4.6 towing package. Thanks!!

Old 08-27-2016, 09:52 PM   #2

I have a 2016 261bhxl. We love it. Tows real nice. We have had it for about two months and only had some minor things that need to be fixed.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:14 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to contourcrazy
Any 201BHXL or 261BH XL owners out there?

We have a 2016 261BHXL. We shopped around for sometime and this was the most camper we could get within our budget that tour criteria. We have enjoyed it. We have been in 6 states within the first year of ownership. It has had some minor warranty repairs needed. I tow ours with a 2012 F150 XL 5.0. My truck doesn't struggle at all. That Triton should be fine.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #4

I forgot to add I tow mine with a 2016 Silverado 5.3 and it has no problems. Contourcrazy have you done any mods to tours?
Old 08-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #5

I am assuming you mean camper? When we bought it we Bought a Husky Centerline hitch (love it). we had the dealer install a spare tire carrier on it. Ours came with the outdoor kitchen and the bumper swing out grill. I have the parts to wire in a battery disconnect switch. I have made my own chocks. I change the shower head to the Oxygenics one. I mounted a TV in the kitchen (ours did not come with one). I have been slowly changing over to LEDs. I plan to mount a Tv in the bedroom area but there is no indication that Forrest River had put any backing anywhere for it even though there is a cable plug right there. I have the parts to do the pump bypass for winterizing. Will install that this year when winterizing. Bought strip LEDs to put into the outdoor kitchen. Put all the bug guards on all the spots. Wanting to make a fold up counter extender next to sink and a bed rail on the top bunk for my little one.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #6

Nice mine came with all LEDs and the same outdoor kitchen I also just installed the Oxygenics shower head. I mounted the TV in the kitchen also and ours has a sticker in the bedroom that says mount TV here is is on the wall between the couch and bedroom about 5ft up from the floor. Still need to do the pump bypass and battery switch.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #7

Could you possibly post pics of the location worth that sticker on it?
Old 08-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #8

Ya I can tomorrow for you as I am working today.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #9

We got 261BH, w/o the outside kichetn
Old 08-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #10

Thx