Old 02-22-2016, 01:25 PM   #21

Thanks for the tip.

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsferraro View Post
Sorry to jump into your thread. I am looking at purchasing a 2016 Wildwood 27RKSS. Dealer is offering at $20,990. Is this good deal or is there more bargaining to do? This will be our first NEW travel trailer. Any issues that you have had or that we should look for. I would appreciate any of the good, bad, or ugly.

Thanks,

Danny

Got mine for $18,800 pre tax and title. We love it!!

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)

Old 02-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
I did that in the bedroom and in the bunkhouse room. I have a 13,500btu ac ducted in the roof. If you go to the furthest most round ducts to the front and rear of your trailer and pull out the grill and then stick your hand up there it will make sense. In my trailer the ducting in the roof goes past the very last vent, that is a lot of wasted air being forced to no where.

So I completely sealed those 2 areas off and it helped to increase the amount of air be forced into the trailer. It just makes no sense to have the ducting go to the very front and very back of the trailer and not have a vent there to expel the air.

Hope that helps?
Thanks for this info. We upgraded to the 15K AC due to the length of our 27rkss. I didn't think the 13.5K was quite enough. I blocked both ducts off today. Not sure how far they go but more than my arm could reach.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #24

Ozark.13.5 blows really hard I can only imagine what a 15K would be like. I suggest looking at directing and closing off vents you don't usually use. I think the OP is really on to something here. The ducting is not made for each individual trailer/5er I would think.
JMHO of course.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Ozark.13.5 blows really hard I can only imagine what a 15K would be like. I suggest looking at directing and closing off vents you don't usually use. I think the OP is really on to something here. The ducting is not made for each individual trailer/5er I would think.
JMHO of course.
The reason I doubt the 13.5k being enough is from past experience. We had a class A 32' that struggled in mid summer heat to keep up.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:28 AM   #26

I guess a lot has to do with the floor plan. I am going to experiment by closing off some vents.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzarkPreacher View Post
The reason I doubt the 13.5k being enough is from past experience. We had a class A 32' that struggled in mid summer heat to keep up.

You are right. Last summer ours was struggling to keep it comfortable during the summer months! Rule of thumb on a 13.5k is about 18-20 degrees cooler than outside. I wonder if you can get a second a/c installed on these?

I was planning on buying one of those non-condensating a/c unit from home depot and put it in my camper this summer. A buddy put one in his 5th wheel last summer and it made all the difference! $300 well spent in my eyes!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenic53 View Post
Thanks for the info, i picked mine up last night. Don't know how to have the direct receiver fit but am looking at a few possibilities. Thinking about this over the weekend upset me sleep in more ways than I like to think about. I was like a kid in the candy store who couldn't decide what he wanted.
I put my receiver and HD box below and to the left of my TV. Pain in the butt trying to hide all the cables. I have Direct TV also.

Tags
wildwood