Old 05-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Any Wildwood XLite 26bh Owners Out There?

Hi:

Just purchased a gently used 2010 XLite 26bh which was an upgrade from our hybrid. Had an issue with replacing the anode rod - the company that winterized it for the previous owner had removed the old rod and then just left it out all winter which filled the threads with rust and scale ... Anyhow, any comments from previous and current owners on this model? Love to get some tips and DIYs from owners with real world experience!

Old 05-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #2

We have a 2014 261BHXL which might be similar. Really love ours.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Ours is a 26 footer w/o slide. I'm guessing yours is the same with a slide?
Wondering about the fridge. It is a single door model and when you open the door it hits against the opposite wall when almost fully open. This means that the freezer door can only open about 90% before it contacts the almost open fridge door. Any issues with yours?
Old 06-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
Explorer

We have 2011 with no slide and the double door fridge. We love ours and have put a ton of miles and probably 50-80 days each year. I have done multiple/modifications to ours, do a search for posts started by YoungKopernik to see what I’ve done. I am pretty proud of how we have made our camper a home away from home.
Sorry about your fridge, sounds like an issue that needs solving. Can you move the hinges and switch which way the freezer door opens? I have same issue with the both my fridge and freezer doors only open to the wall(90% open). For us with the double door it is more of a nuisance than a problem; we can still very easily use ours.
Have lots of fun
John
43yrs of camping; one lucky guy
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #5

Ours doesn't have a slide.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #6

YoungKopernik:
Looks like this may be a design glitch if this issue is appearing on multiple model years
Thanks for the suggestion of re-hanging the door to the other side. Not sure if I can do that but next weekend when I'm back to the trailer I'll have a look. I'm also going to search to see what mods you have done.
Have you added a lift kit to the main bed or did yours come equipped with that option? I've already bought the kit and I'm planning on installing it in the next few weeks.

JohnIII:
Do you have the same issue with your fridge?
Old 06-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #7
Explorer

Lift struts should be on my listÖ
I put a 2x2x4ft under the bed, I have been muscling it open and using that to keep it open. Itís a good idea to put a lift assist I am sure my wife would like it. We have been storing items we donít need to often.
One thing we did do was to install storage units that are easily accessible from the side of the bed. We use it to keep our shoes and my wife keeps sweaters on her side. I posted about this with pics in one of my earlier post

Making it a home

John
Old 06-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #8
Explorer

anotherock, I cant say our fridge doors are that much of an issue. I tell my kids to not let the doors swing open or they will hit the wall. The only small quirk is the door to the fridge must be fully open(touching the wall) to pull the bottom drawer in the fridge out(vegetable drawer). I must turn the drawer askew to pull it past the molded-in shelving of the door.
It all works, I just worry about door swinging into the wall and causing damage.

Could use three inches taken out of the wall but all works.
John
Old 06-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #9

Thanks for the comments! I'll see what I can do with the fridge door on the weekend.
I'm planning on adding some shelves and adding access doors to the storage spaces as YoungKopernik did. What did you use for a stain to match the existing finish?
Old 06-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #10
Explorer

grabbed some quick pics of my fridge door issues, after looking at it is several deg less than a full 90 open but it still works
Click image for larger version

Name:	FridgIssu_14_web.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	54419

Click image for larger version

Name:	FridgWallClear_web_14.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	54420

For the stain, I haven't found a perfect match, I stain twice once with a cherry and then again with a walnut. If you find a good match let me know please.
John

Tags
wildwood