Old 08-30-2016, 09:12 PM   #1

Awning won't work

Hi. I have a 2016 Wildwood 201BHXL with a Solara Lippert power awing. The awning has very little use on it. It had started to retract much slower the last few times we used it. Today it quit all together. The switch inside the trailer doesn't respond at all. The switch on the remote makes a clicking sound in the fuse box but won't operate the awning. I had to manually retract the awning by turning the 7/16 inch manual over ride nut on the motor head. I found and replaced one fuse but that did not fix the situation. Anyone know of a second fuse or anything else to try? Thanks.
Ambrose

Old 08-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #2

Lightbulb

My awning seems very slow but has not quit so I'm not sure where the fuse is. I did have the jacks and slide quit once. I found those fuses well hidden on a remote control board under the fridge not in the converter fuse box.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:46 PM   #3

You will need to use a continuity tester and see where you lose power. Check the fuses, switch, then to the motor.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:32 PM   #4
Head Rambler

Since you say it started slowing down before it quit completely, it could be a bad motor. As Still Kickin said, check for power at the motor and work back from there.

Do you know where your remote receiver is located?
Old 08-31-2016, 01:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
Hi. I have a 2016 Wildwood 201BHXL with a Solara Lippert power awing. The awning has very little use on it. It had started to retract much slower the last few times we used it. Today it quit all together. The switch inside the trailer doesn't respond at all. The switch on the remote makes a clicking sound in the fuse box but won't operate the awning. I had to manually retract the awning by turning the 7/16 inch manual over ride nut on the motor head. I found and replaced one fuse but that did not fix the situation. Anyone know of a second fuse or anything else to try? Thanks.
Ambrose
Being that it's lippert they use cheap motors and most likely is your issue . you may find that you can get it working again but it will be short lived . get a new motor and a spare
Old 08-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #6

I assume the remote receiver is the separate smaller "fuse box" that also has a electric board. It is located to the right of my converter/fuse box. I looked for blown fuses there but everything "looks good". There is a clicking noise coming from that board when I try to operate the awning. I was thinking burned out motor too but the thing has been used very little.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:33 PM   #7

I would assume there is an "open" some where, pull the fuse and check them with a meter if possible. Sometimes they blow at one of the corners and look like they are fine. When my slide blew the fuse (wrong size) the relays on the board still clicked....
Old 08-31-2016, 11:20 PM   #8

I did replace the spade fuse with a new one but still got the clicking sound and the awning didn't move.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:45 AM   #9

Awning Not Working

Had an issue with my 28RL. The awning stopped working, the switch seemed to be arcing and we couldn't find a fuse anywhere for it, other than maybe one on the main panel. After putting up with no awning for a couple of weeks I decided to try using an electric drill (battery) and socket to run the motor, works well, but a little difficult due to the height of it above ground.

After a week of this then dropping the socket into the motor housing, I decided to remove the motor from the mounting to see if I could find a my socket and maybe a fuse. Lo-n-behold, I discovered that the motor had simply disconnected from the wiring at the junction socket. Plugged it back in and everything works again. I dragged a little extra length of cable out to provide a bit more slack in the wiring to remove the strain.

If you intend to remove the motor from the awning, beware of the weight, it's heavy and is held by only ONE screw. Rope it off first.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:07 PM   #10

thanks for posting, it will help a few people out

Tags
awning