Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2016, 12:44 PM   #1

Bed frame issues

I have a 2015 bhxl261 and I am having some issues with the bed frame sinking down. Didn't know if anybody else has had this issue. I have only used this camper 20 days at the most. I can post a picture tonight of what it looks like. I'm not sure if this is something my warranty covers or not
Hasley704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:16 PM   #2

We had the same issue with our 2016 261BHXL. The head of the bed (and the bottom of the wardrobe cabinets) began to break away from the front wall of the camper and our heads started slowly sinking until we realized what was going on. The dealer fixed it under warranty (at no cost to us) by running a 2 x 2 the full width of the trailer underneath the bed frame (you can see it from the storage bay) and fastening it to the front wall and the bed frame itself. The dealer explained that the bed frame is fastened from the outside when it's being manufactured (before the skin goes on the outside) and that not all the screws appeared to have hit their mark. It was an easy fix for the dealer and it is now more solid than it ever was before!
CamperFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

I dropped it off yesterday at the dealer. They said they have never seen that before. He did say that it would be covered. Did they have to take the front skin off your camper to fix it. Just curious I hope they don't because I would hate to have more leaks down road.
Hasley704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #4

Bed frame issues

They were able to do the fix by crawling under the bed (i.e. storage bay) - there was no need to do anything from the exterior.
CamperFam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, frame