Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2015, 07:54 PM   #21

I demo'd the stabs on my last trailer going up a too-steep hill. Got replacements super cheap at Harbor Freight...not sure these are the right ones for you but a starting point...

2-1/2 Ton Trailer Stabilizer Jack
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:33 PM   #22
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
I bent my rear stabilizer by lifting the front end when the back stab was down and set. Forest River fixed it for free at the FROG get together in Goshen but don't tell anybody.
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:07 PM   #23
Professional Curmudgeon

I've bent my rear jacks by dragging them. It happens. Just bend them back mostly straight and carry on. They aren't intended to support any actual weight anyway.
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:09 AM   #24

You can get replacements at Camping World or nearly any RV dealer. If your bent ones are welded on, they will need to be cut off...if not, loosen the nuts and bolts and replace. I have done it before...no big deal.
Genealdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:11 AM   #25

Hi, I wanted to say something about the experience my parents had with their stabilizers on their 2014 Forest River Wildcat Maxx. My parents had a similar situation, the rear stabilizers bent on their trailer. They took it to the dealer they purchased it from and they were informed that the metal used to make stabilizers wasn't up to par (manufacturer defect). They received new stabilizers front and rear on their trailer. Might be something to look into?
patrickbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #26

I did the same thing by rushing from one site to another, forgot to put up my jacks.
Better to replace them.
I bought mine online from Dyers. They are called stabilizer jacks. You have to know the distance from the ground to the frame.
Dyers is very helpful. You can contact them for specific measuring instructions.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bent, stabilizers