Old 12-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #1

Black and Gray tank level lights

On a 17 Wildwood destination trailer ...would there be 2 indicator level lights for black and gray tanks to be used for models that would be equipped with them ...

Bckdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bckdraft View Post
On a 17 Wildwood destination trailer ...would there be 2 indicator level lights for black and gray tanks to be used for models that would be equipped with them ...
I don't know your model but usually there is a row of indicators for each tank. Mine has 1 fresh, 1 black and 2 grey tanks, so I have 4 rows of LEDs. Each row has 4 lights, indicating near empty, (which it almost never is). quarter full, three quarter full, full (which it almost never is).

After you have used the tanks for the first time, the lights become irrelevant (except maybe for the fresh water tank). They will never show you the actual levels ever again (maybe when full). You can empty all grey and black tanks, clean them till they are spotless (although I don't know how you would do that without dropping them and cutting them open, which would ruin them), then check the lights... you will still have anywhere from 2-4 lights still showing.

Solution... as it has been suggested by many people many times, just ignore them and go by gut feeling. You will know when the fresh tank is empty, when you turn on the tap you get no water. You will know when the grey tanks are full, the water backs-up into your sink. You will know when the black tank is full, you have to leave the van, for about a week till the smell goes away.

Enjoy your camping.

Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:14 PM   #3

To answer your question simply Yes they use the same panel type on multiple models. Our 2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092BFL has an extra space(light) as we have a Grey, a galley and a black tank.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:06 PM   #4

thanks

thanks
Old 12-14-2017, 10:37 PM   #5
Just as confused as you

X2 on the lights not being accurate.

If you wait until it backs up into a sink you'll have water overflowing on the floor from the tub/shower. When your gray tank gets full it backs up into the lowest drain, either your bathtub or shower, whichever you have. When that happens it's time to dump the tank.

When the black tank gets close to full your toilet will gurgle as you flush it. If you don't dump the black tank when it starts to gurgle then next is a burp with a air bubble coming up into the toilet bowl. When this happens, you had better dump.
Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:45 PM   #6

Tank Light

I'm sorry...I asked this wrong...on my panel I have one test light for battery, one for fresh water, 2 for black tank, 2 for gray tank ...on walk through I was told I have 2 black tanks, and 2 gray tanks, I know this is wrong and I just wondered if this is the same panel for all units or for some units that may have 2 tanks for dirty water...model 353FLFB...2017
Old 12-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bckdraft View Post
I'm sorry...I asked this wrong...on my panel I have one test light for battery, one for fresh water, 2 for black tank, 2 for gray tank ...on walk through I was told I have 2 black tanks, and 2 gray tanks, I know this is wrong and I just wondered if this is the same panel for all units or for some units that may have 2 tanks for dirty water...model 353FLFB...2017
Yes it is the same panel for multiple models some models have two black tanks as some models have two bathrooms..

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 12-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #8
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Yes it is the same panel for multiple models some models have two black tanks as some models have two bathrooms..
Two bathrooms, for two people, wow, a bit of overkill, but then again, sometimes I think it would be nice to have, and maybe you have a big tribe to cater for, or you often have wild parties.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #9

Ours has the one bathroom but we were to have 8 people over Thanksgiving a second bathroom would have been nice but the campground bath houses are clean and designed well...........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 12-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #10

Another option is to replace them with a new system and panel. I use iSeries by Tank-Edge. The sensor go on the outside of the tanks and use capacitance readings. They are spot on and are done on percentage not 1/3 increments. Downside is you have to run new wires to where ever you put the panel and access all the tanks which can be difficult and time consuming.

Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, light, tank