Old 06-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
Smk

Blocks for under landing gear

Have a 2017 forest river wildwood 28ckds and we have alot of bounce when camping, is it better to have the stabilizer Jack's all the way down or alot of wood blocks and the Jack's about half way down

Smk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

The shorter the better for stability.

But, if that's not enough- look at SteadyFast:
https://learntorv.com/product-review...t-stabilizers/

And more ideas:
https://learntorv.com/shake-shake-sh...stabilization/

Old 06-03-2019, 09:54 PM   #3

Blocks for under landing gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smk View Post
Have a 2017 forest river wildwood 28ckds and we have alot of bounce when camping, is it better to have the stabilizer Jack's all the way down or alot of wood blocks and the Jack's about half way down

I have a Forest River 337Bar and I added or wanted to add the Jt strong arms (try YouTubing them) I was sold on them. I ended up calling an RV shop to order them and they told me they were a pain to install and to order the bal strong arms instead that they are the same just easier to install and a bit cheaper.

I added four to the front and two to the rear. Boy you can dance in it now and it has to be a severe wind storm to feel the wind. I also added a splendide washer dryer combo and under a 1400 rpm spin I can barely feel a slight bounce from the wet clothes. I definitely recommend the strong arms!!!! Day night difference!

Oh and get yourself a set of bal xchocks to complement the strong arms it’s a win win!
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
Smk

Thank you for the responses
Smk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Thank you for the responses
I have the ball strong arms. They do, do the job and aren't that hard to install. That said, next time I will probably go with the SteadyFast System. I have watched a friend of mine use his and it is easier to use.
shadows4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows4 View Post
I have the ball strong arms. They do, do the job and aren't that hard to install. That said, next time I will probably go with the SteadyFast System. I have watched a friend of mine use his and it is easier to use.
X2. SteadyFast is definitely easier to install and easier to use. I think they look nicer also.
This type of system (strong arm, SteadyFast, etc) will decrease movement to a greater degree than any other option.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #7

Quote:
I have put blocks under the stabilzers along with A frame supports under the rear bumper, an adjustable stabilzer under the steps all the while using "x" chocks and mine still bounces. I think as long as you are sitting on the wheels / suspension you will get some bounce.
wjrdmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #8

I use some pieces of 4x12 header board under my stabilizer legs because I hate waiting for them . Between the stabilizer legs the tongue jack and the X-chock between the tires . It gets pretty stable. After that its still a travel trailer and will move a little bit when moving around .

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:43 PM   #9

I'd ook into some J strong arms. My new 171RBXL came with them and you can find them at Amazon. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_081854.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	212516

Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock