Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to pjeffreysr1
Brakes on 26BH-XL

Took my 2010 26BH-XL out so I could get 'aquainted' with bacing and parking it. It is a LOT larger than the 2280 pup we lost to a neighbor at 80 mph. While I was practicing backing and going around the parking lot to do so, I kept noticing that the trailer brakes seemed to 'catch-and-release' when applied, instead of taking hold smoothly. They worked fine on he trip home from the dealer last fall (about 400 miles). I am wondering if it could be dampness in the brake shoes since it was parked most of the winter in a grassy area that did not drain well (it did NOT flood) beside my son's home? If so, a drive that would get the brake shoes used a bit should smooth things out. Any help welcome.
pjeffreysr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

What type/make of brake controller do you have? Doesn't sound like it's a propartional controller such as prodigy or P3. Seems like the old Reese I had before...it was either full on or off.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, wildwood