Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #1

Brought her home tonight

Well a long story we went from looking at pop up campers to buying a F350 (used XL) Crew cab long bed and getting a 26tbss! Been a heck of a week! We have a ford Flex but couldnt get anything we liked in the towing range. So I ran across a good deal on the truck then went from a used camper to a new Wildwood! I have 3 small kids and they are very excited... My only issue so far is the dang truck is so long then a bumper pull camper. Kind of hard to maneuver around. Hopefully next weekend we will get out and go camping....

Daniel

Old 01-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #2

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Crew cab and long bed...........plus TT. Now thats long, but you'll get used to it !! Just take your time !!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum!
Congrats on the new tt and the new to you tv. I'm sure you and your family are going to have some great times. If you can't get to a campground, get out there and driveway camp with the kids. They'll love it.

I also have a CC, long bed and a 34'10" trailer. Neither you or I are going to fit in a tight campground, but that's OK as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck and happy camping!

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Congrats on both the new RV and Truck. to the forums. Don't sweat it, you'll be use to it pretty quickly. I would recommend your first trip be close to home so in case you forget something you're not too far from home. We camped in the driveway one weekend before we went anywhere else, still do when we don't have much time or money to get away.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Now a "Top Member"

Welcome, and congratulations. Just down the road a fur piece from you. I went from a crewcab shortbed F-250 with a 26' TT to a crewcab longbed diesel and a 30' 5th wheel. even though the longbed is only around 18 inches longer, it felt like it was a lot more. It took me a little bit to adjust to it, but it is nothing now. You will get used to it, and you will love it.

Enjoy and have fun!
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #6

to the forum. Great advise above, just take your time and get to know how the set up handles. I know how you fell we have been camping for 10 years now and this Rock Wood is our second rig (TT) and i am 53" long. I all ways find myself in tight spots, just this past summer heading home Mytle Beach SC i found myself in front of the Pentagon and low on fuel,.... YES i missed my turn once i got back on the road i ended up the Baltimore/Washington parkway and had to get off, I don't think i was suppost to be on there. The worst thing about this was the gas station...IT WAS TIGHT. One thing about pulling a rig people will get out of your way. Enjoy and congates......We like pic so let see what you got.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
to the forum. Great advise above, just take your time and get to know how the set up handles. I know how you fell we have been camping for 10 years now and this Rock Wood is our second rig (TT) and i am 53" long. I all ways find myself in tight spots, just this past summer heading home Mytle Beach SC i found myself in front of the Pentagon and low on fuel,.... YES i missed my turn once i got back on the road i ended up the Baltimore/Washington parkway and had to get off, I don't think i was suppost to be on there. The worst thing about this was the gas station...IT WAS TIGHT. One thing about pulling a rig people will get out of your way. Enjoy and congates......We like pic so let see what you got.
You'd be ok on BW Parkway. It's restricted to Commercial Vehicles. I travelled down it to 95 when we went to Richmond for the race. I had a State Trooper with me the whole way down and no problems.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
Crookedread

My rig is not nearly as long as yours but when I got my trailer, the first place I took it was an empty parking lot nearby. I took a couple of five gallon buckets and figured out how much swing I needed to clear the corners and practiced backing it into the painted parking spaces. Rather than being apprehensive during my first trip, I felt very comfortable. It really is better and a lot less stressful to make the adjustment to a new trailer someplace other than heavy traffic or a tight campground.

Since taking deliver of my trailer on November 19, I have spent 30 nights in it and I absolutely love it! Hope you have a great time Camping this weekend!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedaniel View Post
Well a long story we went from looking at pop up campers to buying a F350 (used XL) Crew cab long bed and getting a 26tbss!
I don't think the weight and length police will have any problem with your setup.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #10

We did the camping in the driveway. Horrible mattress but thats another story Had a blast! Had to have 4 loads of gravel added toy driveway to be able to turn it around. . I live out in the country so no problems there. The beat thing I did was take the sway bar off the rig and take it back to the dealer. They did give my money back. Anyone else use these?

Thanks guys I look forward to contributing!

Daniel