Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #21

Left switch does my outside led too. And the dealer very specifically stated he gets a lot of calls about this..seems if you turn the outside led lights on with that switch, then you have to use that switch to turn them off. We have had our 2016 for about 4 months now. It is all covered up beside the house though. Haven't done much to it yet except play with THOSE lights....lol

Now I'm going back to looking for my 10mm wrench! 2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2005 F250 PSD
Wa11y757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #22
Gold Miner At Heart

Very happy for you. Wishing your family lots of great memories. Nice looking unit.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:05 AM   #23

Thanks folks. I think maybe what happened is that I used the remote to turn them on and off and now the inside switch was overridden. I'll have to try to turn them on with remote then try the inside switch. It's 10 degrees outside so it'll be a few days but I'll report back. Can't wait for Spring!

John

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple SS View Post
We have the salem version of the wildwood 27Rkss and love it. We are preparing for our 4th campout this weekend, just the two of us and the three furbabies. So congrats on the new camper and may you have many happy campout..

Quick question. I'm about to de-winterize mine next week and wanted to confirm locations of the water pump and water heater bypass valves. Is the pump under the kitchen sink behind left panel? Looking to install a converter on pump and hoping there's room to maneuver. Also, is water heater bypass under the stove behind that panel? Thanks much Triple SS! First trip is planned for March 18th. Can't wait!!

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
Old 03-09-2016, 03:24 PM   #25

I too have the 2016 27rkss. My water pump is under the sink, to the left. Couple of screws and it's right in front of your face. On the right side is indeed the water heater. Bypass is on the back of the water heater. Super easy to get to.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:05 PM   #26

Thanks Wally! So by the right side you mean under the stove or right side under sink? Thanks!!
Old 03-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #27

Behind the wall right side of sink. I think you can actually see the heater over the wall
Old 03-09-2016, 05:10 PM   #28

Good deal. Thanks again Wally.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #29

No probs, any time.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #30

Sorry I was late Answering, I just got home and was checking email. Then I had to ask Dh ..Wally757 was the same answer I got from Dh. We were in Tn a couple of weeks ago and are wanting to camp this weekend but weather does not want to cooperate.
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #31

No worries. Hope TN was good!

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
Old 03-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #32

Well.... We have had this camper for almost a year and it's had a few issues here and there with a couple of them being a little more concerning than others!

List of issues:

Radio quits playing the outside speakers. Been replaced once, and is back in shop for another replacement. I told them that they might check the wiring, because some times they do work, but not for long.

The breaker to the outside outlet and bathroom flips very easily. So much so that it is part of our standard practice to just reset the breaker everytime we go camping. I told the service rep about it, but she pretty much told me if it doesn't do it to them while it's in the shop that they are more than likely not going to replace it.

All of the day-shades are messing up. The screws in the walls are pulling out of the cheap siding and it lets the string slack and then the shade doesn't slide as it is supposed to. They are supposed to be fixing this, they said it's very common and they know how to fix it better. I'm assuming some sort of dry wall insert.

The two major issues is:
The siding is bulging around the big window on the passenger side. They claimed its do to the window being installed improperly. It took 2 months to get the new siding in and the new stickers have still not came in.

The next one is that the passenger side looks like it is sagging. From the entry door forward it looks like it drops about 2". The service tech seemed confused when I showed it to her. She claimed that she hadn't seen this before.

They are supposedly going to have all this fixed before April 17th.... We will see..... lol...

A couple of issues that have been fixed in the past is:
The trim around the nose of the camper was coming out of its track. They fixed it and I've not seen any other issues with it.

Toilet started leaking when flushed. They claimed it was a loose fitting, but went ahead and replaced all the components on the supply line for the water.

We are still very happy with it and enjoy it. Just kind of a bummer that it is on it's 3rd trip to the dealer for warranty repair!
Old 03-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #33

I don't know how you could still be happy with that trailer. I'd be P'Od. That's way too many things to go wrong. The 2" sag is serious stuff and sounds like some kind of framing problem.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
I don't know how you could still be happy with that trailer. I'd be P'Od. That's way too many things to go wrong. The 2" sag is serious stuff and sounds like some kind of framing problem.

I am not thrilled that it is in the shop for repairs for what seems like all the time. However, that is why I bought the extended warranty. These things are cheaply made, and it's no secret that their quality control is virtually non-existant. That is what the warranty is for. I really like this camper, it's modern, has a very nice appearance, and has all the features that we wanted. The day the 5 year warranty is up, it's GONE! I'll be on to the next one with an extended warranty!