Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2015, 06:54 AM   #1

Brought home the new 27RKSS PICS...

Picked up our new camper!! We are super excited! Everything went surprisingly quick during my pick up/ walk through. My sales guy hung out with us pretty much the entire time and even went into the accessories shop with us looking around and playing with stuff, it was kind of fun to just hang out with him. I wasn't 100% satisfied with my walk through, because I think I am more capable of doing the walk through than my tech was, but that is ok. It's not that he didn't know anything, but I had more technical questions and he really didn't know. Also, I could tell they rushed to get my camper ready, because the strap wasn't on the battery box, it was just kind of there, the hub caps weren't on and some other minor details I noticed. All and all I was very pleased with my experience!

My initial opinion on pulling the camper is that I didn't notice much difference between this one and my last one other than I felt a little more squish on bumps. Other than that my truck pulled it great!

PICS!!!
I think it only sagged the back of my truck maybe 1", my truck sits almost level as it is. I may try to get one more link out of the chains on my weight distribution bars.

I mounted both TV's already. I must say that the surround sound really leaves something to be desired!!! It's not very loud and has no bass, so I'll be looking at upgrading or adding a sub. My daughter and I watched lake placid (in picture) after I finished installing the TV's.

I just wanted to post this pic because of how tight it was getting this backed into my yard. I have almost no drive way, so I had to back it in right up to the house, it's almost touching the porch roof. I don't keep it at my house, but brought it home so I can load all our stuff in it and install the TV's.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:06 AM   #2

Congratulations, Nice looking camper, may you have many happy campouts and memories with it.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #3

Congrats on your new Wildwood 27RKSS!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #4

DFW Rusty, Congrats on your new rig. We have the same model, 2014 version. I know you will enjoy using your new camper. One suggestion, I did a lot of research on the tongue jack. It is subject to water penetration that will ruin the gears, I suggest that you purchase a vinyl jack head cover to protect the jack. You can also use the cover to store your power pigtail to keep it out of the elements. We live in south Dallas so we know what the weather does. Happy camping.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:45 AM   #5

You can also just use a small plastic trash can. Attach two U bolts to the side of the can. You can hang the safety chains on the hooks (keeps the can from blowing off) and stuff the elec cord up in the bucket.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
You can also just use a small plastic trash can. Attach two U bolts to the side of the can. You can hang the safety chains on the hooks (keeps the can from blowing off) and stuff the elec cord up in the bucket.
This will probably work well when parked, but going down the road, you might have a problem, even if you bungee it down.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg1 View Post
This will probably work well when parked, but going down the road, you might have a problem, even if you bungee it down.
Never worried about the jack towing, since 80% of the time it's nice out. More of a storage thing. FWIW I had a Barker VIP 3500 on an SOB TT and never had any trouble with the gears. Had the up down switch fail two years past warranty. Barker sent a new one free of charge. Just another reason to skip anything Lippert. If I was ordering or even purchasing a new TT and the power tongue jack was an option and Lippert was the one that was provided, I'd pass.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 AM   #8

congrats on your new camper... we just bought a 15' 272qbxl... if I may ask, what mount did you use for your tv? I am getting ready to put a 32" smart tv in our main room.
Damonator73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #9

We have the salem version of the wildwood 27Rkss and love it. We are preparing for our 4th campout this weekend, just the two of us and the three furbabies. So congrats on the new camper and may you have many happy campout..
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #10

Nice camper. Question for you. Just out of curiosity, on the front of yours, above the "Wildwood" but below the "Forest River", is your seam sealed with butyl rope or caulk, or does it just look like a crimped edge?
JCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damonator73 View Post
congrats on your new camper... we just bought a 15' 272qbxl... if I may ask, what mount did you use for your tv? I am getting ready to put a 32" smart tv in our main room.

I bought both of my mounts at the dealer. The one for the living room is a flush mount that has a square plate that screws to the wall with 8 screws, then has a fiberglass type material that screws to the back of the tv, then the fiberglass backing just slides right into the wall plate. It's solid, light and has been fantastic.

The bedroom is an rv specific (don't know the brand) swivel style. that fastens to the wall with 2 heavy duty screws. It also has clips that screw to the wall so that you can secure the tv while traveling down the road.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJeep View Post
Nice camper. Question for you. Just out of curiosity, on the front of yours, above the "Wildwood" but below the "Forest River", is your seam sealed with butyl rope or caulk, or does it just look like a crimped edge?

I will have to look and let you know. If I remember right it's a smooth edge, so probably a rope style gasket pushed up in the seam, but not sure.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:51 AM   #13

Got the same one. It's our first TT and we enjoy it. Going on trip #4 this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430459464412.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	75794   Click image for larger version

Name:	1430459481217.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	75795  
jjacobson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #14

That's awesome! Glad your enjoying yours! I was wanting to go camping this weekend, but the universe is working against us. My buddy is borrowing it while he is down to asses the damages from the storms we had last week and I ended up having to work this weekend anyways (at work right now... mwahaha...).
Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 AM   #15
Rookie Camper

I'm looking at getting the 27RKSS, what is the max size TV for the main room that can be mounted?
Sidew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #16

[QUOTE=Sidew13;881194]I'm looking at getting the 27RKSS, what is the max size TV
If I'm thinking correctly, they recommend not larger than 32".
Old 12-25-2015, 05:09 PM   #17

Nice, what size TV is that?
Leadman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #18
I go RV'ing not Camping

Congrats on your purchase...that is a nice looking rig
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #19

Congrats! My wife and I just bought the exact same model. LOVE IT! Of course it's winter here in Cincinnati and its sitting in my driveway covered with snow right now. Having a blast loading it up with all the decorations and camping goodies and of course, adding the necessary electronic gadgets to get my LED tv to play through the stereo speakers and to get the DVD player with just analog RCA (yellow plug) jack for video to play through my tv that doesn't have the yellow input. Fun stuff though. Can't wait for spring to get this out to the campgrounds. So far the additions and activities have been:

add bug/mud dauber screens to furnace vent (door side) and fridge vent (back)
changing out the baggage door locks since every camper has same key.
mounting the tvs
hanging some pics on the walls via command strips
loading up the kitchen with gadgets
added carpet to stairs to help keep dirt outside
installed tongue lock and hitch security pin for anti-theft
chained/locked in my 2 30# propane tanks so they don't walk off when I eventually put this in a storage facility
bought the 1" 1/16" socket for the water heater anode rod
electrical converters for 15, 50 amp
water filter

One question I had for anyone, on the control panel, there're two light switches. The right one turns on the one light in the living rm and the one in the hall before the bedroom but the the left switch, I have no idea what that turns on. I would've thought the outside LED light strip, but that's not it, the remote does that one. Any ideas?

Thanks all. I'm new to this forum so looking forward to learning and sharing.

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:37 PM   #20

Mine turns on outside led. Enjoy your 27rkss we love ours.