Old 04-10-2015, 07:54 AM   #1

Brought home the new 27RKSS PICS...

Picked up our new camper!! We are super excited! Everything went surprisingly quick during my pick up/ walk through. My sales guy hung out with us pretty much the entire time and even went into the accessories shop with us looking around and playing with stuff, it was kind of fun to just hang out with him. I wasn't 100% satisfied with my walk through, because I think I am more capable of doing the walk through than my tech was, but that is ok. It's not that he didn't know anything, but I had more technical questions and he really didn't know. Also, I could tell they rushed to get my camper ready, because the strap wasn't on the battery box, it was just kind of there, the hub caps weren't on and some other minor details I noticed. All and all I was very pleased with my experience!

My initial opinion on pulling the camper is that I didn't notice much difference between this one and my last one other than I felt a little more squish on bumps. Other than that my truck pulled it great!

PICS!!!
I think it only sagged the back of my truck maybe 1", my truck sits almost level as it is. I may try to get one more link out of the chains on my weight distribution bars.

I mounted both TV's already. I must say that the surround sound really leaves something to be desired!!! It's not very loud and has no bass, so I'll be looking at upgrading or adding a sub. My daughter and I watched lake placid (in picture) after I finished installing the TV's.

I just wanted to post this pic because of how tight it was getting this backed into my yard. I have almost no drive way, so I had to back it in right up to the house, it's almost touching the porch roof. I don't keep it at my house, but brought it home so I can load all our stuff in it and install the TV's.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #2

Congratulations, Nice looking camper, may you have many happy campouts and memories with it.

Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 58, 2017 - 86

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #3

Congrats on your new Wildwood 27RKSS!
Old 04-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #4

DFW Rusty, Congrats on your new rig. We have the same model, 2014 version. I know you will enjoy using your new camper. One suggestion, I did a lot of research on the tongue jack. It is subject to water penetration that will ruin the gears, I suggest that you purchase a vinyl jack head cover to protect the jack. You can also use the cover to store your power pigtail to keep it out of the elements. We live in south Dallas so we know what the weather does. Happy camping.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:45 AM   #5

You can also just use a small plastic trash can. Attach two U bolts to the side of the can. You can hang the safety chains on the hooks (keeps the can from blowing off) and stuff the elec cord up in the bucket.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
You can also just use a small plastic trash can. Attach two U bolts to the side of the can. You can hang the safety chains on the hooks (keeps the can from blowing off) and stuff the elec cord up in the bucket.
This will probably work well when parked, but going down the road, you might have a problem, even if you bungee it down.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg1 View Post
This will probably work well when parked, but going down the road, you might have a problem, even if you bungee it down.
Never worried about the jack towing, since 80% of the time it's nice out. More of a storage thing. FWIW I had a Barker VIP 3500 on an SOB TT and never had any trouble with the gears. Had the up down switch fail two years past warranty. Barker sent a new one free of charge. Just another reason to skip anything Lippert. If I was ordering or even purchasing a new TT and the power tongue jack was an option and Lippert was the one that was provided, I'd pass.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:39 AM   #8

congrats on your new camper... we just bought a 15' 272qbxl... if I may ask, what mount did you use for your tv? I am getting ready to put a 32" smart tv in our main room.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #9

We have the salem version of the wildwood 27Rkss and love it. We are preparing for our 4th campout this weekend, just the two of us and the three furbabies. So congrats on the new camper and may you have many happy campout..
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #10

Nice camper. Question for you. Just out of curiosity, on the front of yours, above the "Wildwood" but below the "Forest River", is your seam sealed with butyl rope or caulk, or does it just look like a crimped edge?

JCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote