Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2017, 07:40 AM   #1

CA 2500 antenna in 2015 WW xlite 261BHXL

I have the factory installed CA-2500 antenna and am trying to figure out all the coax wiring and function of this thing. On the coax connection plate in the ceiling there is a push button that turns a red light on and off. Maybe this powers an amplifier? Does anyone know for sure?

On the outside of the trailer i have cable input and satellite input. On the inside the sat connection is the lone white coax which is clearly identiifed on the connection plate. On the little circuit board behind the connection plate, based off of continuity testing, the orange cable is from the cable input on the exterior of the trailer, the white coax is run to a coax outlet in the front bedroom and i am assuming the black coax is the input from the antenna. There is also a black and red wire which is power and a seperate black wire which i believe is the antenna connection for the radio.

When i run continuity tests from the exterior cable hock to the interior output at the connection plate pushing that button which activates the red light makes no difference so choosing between cable and over the air must be a function chosen in the television menus.

All that to say, what does that push button do?? Thanks for the help!
jkrichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #2

The push button powers an amplifier which amplifies the cable connect. Your satelitte connection is for satelitte has a different power source and the amp does not permit satelitte connections to operate. If you are using satelitte you will need to bypass that amplifier, UNLESS you clearly have two leads inside the coach that are market cable and satelitte
samwlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwlee View Post
The push button powers an amplifier which amplifies the cable connect. Your satelitte connection is for satelitte has a different power source and the amp does not permit satelitte connections to operate. If you are using satelitte you will need to bypass that amplifier, UNLESS you clearly have two leads inside the coach that are market cable and satelitte
There are two seperate coax cables labeled for SAT and cable. At this point im not using the SAT but good info for down the road if i do as it has its own dedicated coax cable. As for the push button, on for cable, off for over the air is what im hearing. That makes sense since the cable run is probably going to be pretty long. Thanks for clearing me up samwlee!
Old 04-29-2017, 09:15 AM   #4

Happy to help out. Enjoy
Old 04-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #5
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrichards View Post
There are two seperate coax cables labeled for SAT and cable. At this point im not using the SAT but good info for down the road if i do as it has its own dedicated coax cable. As for the push button, on for cable, off for over the air is what im hearing. That makes sense since the cable run is probably going to be pretty long. Thanks for clearing me up samwlee!
WRONG!.......Amp (light) on for antenna, light off for cable....and select air or cable from tv menu, then do a channel scan....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:11 PM   #6

That is correct, my error
Old 04-29-2017, 07:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
WRONG!.......Amp (light) on for antenna, light off for cable....and select air or cable from tv menu, then do a channel scan....
Saw your reply as i was logging in to post an update. After i got everything reconnected, i discovered exactly what you said. When the ligjt was out, the main tv set was only getting one or two channnels but when the light was on (amp on) i was picking up the normal 25 or so channels i get in the driveway.

Thanks for keeping us straight! Happy trails!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #8
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Good deal.....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, antenna, lite