Cable TV hookup trips 30 amp breaker
Hello all, I have a 2011, 32 SRV wildwood, fifth wheel, toy hauler. I've been a little puzzled as my cable causes my 30 amp breaker to trip as soon as it touches my RV. I've tried all the obvious things like:
1) unplugging the rv and then hooking up the cable TV, then plug back in the power and it blows
2) bypassing the outside cable hookup directly to the inside splitter box,,, then it blows
3) I replaced the 12 volt battery, still blows
4) I've tried hooking it up to the neighbours (that works fine for him) then it blows
5) I've tried green light off and or on for the antena, still blows.
6) went up to the roof to make sure antenna is not shorted out anywhere
7) after about 12 other attempts I finally ran a cable directly to the TV, thinking that I outsmarted the system, then I plug in my TV,,, and then it blows the breaker!
8) finally I ran a cable direct to the box and and electrical extension cord to a seperate plug not at my site and it works.,,, issue is what is possibly wrong with my system?
I'm stumped !!!! Can anyone help?
Any help would be much appreciated
Forward Message Reply With Quote