Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2015, 11:20 PM   #1

can I add outdoor speakers?? Wildwood x lite 195bhs

I am trying to decide between purchasing the Wildwood x lite 195bhs vs the Cherokee wolf pup 16bhs. One major difference is the wolf pup is pre wired for solar panels, as well as has outdoor speakers.
Can anyone tell me how difficult these things would be to add onto the wildwood? The outdoor speakers are most important to me although I would like to know what being prepared wired for solar is even worth. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
allens1051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #2

You would be better off using wireless bluetooth speakers that you could place somewhere outside. The install of permanent trailer mounted speakers is going to be complex (i.e. expensive).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
RiverBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We use a bose portable!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #4

Do you know if that trailer is equipped with a bluetooth stereo? I am wanting to use the stereo that is in the trailer.
allens1051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
You would be better off using wireless bluetooth speakers that you could place somewhere outside. The install of permanent trailer mounted speakers is going to be complex (i.e. expensive).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
And the huge holes that need to be cut are not for the faint.

Wireless or Bluetooth.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #6

The wildwood 195bh does not have a stereo unless you add it as an option. Use a Bluetooth speaker with your phone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sno4life01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:21 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Your Trailer/RV's floor, walls, and roof are completely full of holes. IMHO, there is no reason to shy away from adding a couple more. Just take your time to do it right or hire it out to a pro. You will likley end up with a job done better than the ones done at the factory.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #8

If you are a confident DIYer, then go for it. Can't be too hard, can it? Ours have it already. Otherwise, we'd be using my wife's bluetooth UE Boom tube to play tunes via her smartphone, which we still take in case we're on beach or away from the trailer.
Follow my blog: americanbluestreak.com
donhillphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #9

Why not just purchase the unit that has the options you want. I think adding the speakers would be a pain plus maybe voiding a warranty (not sure on this)? I would think just getting the unit that has what you want is the best decision.

If you do not get them I would just use a portable speaker from your phone.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:50 AM   #10

I go camping to enjoy the peace and quiet and to get away and listen to the music nature provides. Why would anyone subject others to their taste in music, unless it could only be heard by them only (maybe using earphones). The dealers sell everything and anything to make a profit and forget what camping is supposed to be.
neikolaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by allens1051 View Post
I am trying to decide between purchasing the Wildwood x lite 195bhs vs the Cherokee wolf pup 16bhs. One major difference is the wolf pup is pre wired for solar panels, as well as has outdoor speakers.
Can anyone tell me how difficult these things would be to add onto the wildwood? The outdoor speakers are most important to me although I would like to know what being prepared wired for solar is even worth. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
You would have to add some kinda of spacer to the speaker. Remember that the walls are only 2" thick, any speaker that isn't made like a Concertone would stick into the trailer. Mine came with 4", I added 6" just had to cut the whole bigger. Easy to do. Last year at the rally I bought 2 jensens to replace mine and they said FR would install them. When FR seen what jensen sold me they told me unless I wanted them through the interior wall they couldn't do it. Has nothing to do with a warranty but the 2" wall.... If your unit comes with the Genisis 3.0 it has bluetooth, which is the best way to go. I do not know about the IRV system they are now putting in.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #12
Site Team

By the time you buy decent weather proof speakers and covers and run wiring you could just as easily get a set of bluetooth speakers ( hundreds to choose from in all price ranges) then add a transmitter (<$25.00) to the RV stereo .
Example here: Universal Mini Bluetooth Transmitter with 3.5mm Headphone Input - Newegg.com

Advantage this can be use at home as well.

Trailer walls are full of wiring and you never know what is behind the hole you are cutting.

Don't believe the Bluetooth is most receivers has transmit capability.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by neikolaya View Post
I go camping to enjoy the peace and quiet and to get away and listen to the music nature provides. Why would anyone subject others to their taste in music, unless it could only be heard by them only (maybe using earphones). The dealers sell everything and anything to make a profit and forget what camping is supposed to be.
I may be out of line but I mean no disrespect but everyone has their own definition of camping and everyone has different tastes. I understand and appreciate your definition, I camp in various different ways, boondocking, parks, peoples ranches, as well as I use my TT for tailgating too, I like my music and outside speakers, I do not use them to annoy anyone else. I am sure some do.

The point is camping is what you want it to be......

Happy camping!

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #14

I got a Bose SoundLink that I pair with my iPhone. Great sound and lasts all day on a charge. I place it near me so I can listen to my music, and nobody else has to....

I haven't used trailer speakers since. They don't sound as good, anyway.
2016 - 47 nights
2017 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
By the time you buy decent weather proof speakers and covers and run wiring you could just as easily get a set of bluetooth speakers ( hundreds to choose from in all price ranges) then add a transmitter (<$25.00) to the RV stereo .
Example here: Universal Mini Bluetooth Transmitter with 3.5mm Headphone Input - Newegg.com

Advantage this can be use at home as well.

Trailer walls are full of wiring and you never know what is behind the hole you are cutting.

Don't believe the Bluetooth is most receivers has transmit capability.
Flybob, I don't know that much about bluetooth, but it can be used as a phone doesn't that mean it transmits? I had my phone hooked to it and when it rang it was so confusing to me that I took it off. If my radio was on or DVD or something everything would quit. and then only the phone through the system works. Just a question,...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #16

Correct, I had my phone connected to BT speakers once when it started to ring at full volume.
Always a good idea to mute the phone ringer when on Bluetooth.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by neikolaya View Post
While I would generally agree with you, I'm also a music lover and a song writer and I enjoy listening to my music whether in my vehicle, RV or home. Having said that, I don't blare my music when at a camp ground and keep it quite low -- mainly when we're sitting for a meal at the picnic table or sitting around watching the kids splash on the beach. I find it rude to have it beyond a small circumference ear shot.

I like quite and solitude too, but at campgrounds, well, there's no such thing. Only when boondocking in my experience... and when boondocking, I will play my music about the same -- within earshot.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #18

Love my UE Boom 360 speaker. It's expensive, but portable and quite nice. Bluetooth on it has reach of about 50', which is plenty of distance from my iPhone. Amazon.com: UE BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Black: Computers & Accessories
Old 06-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #19
Site Team

Bluetooth is actually a small low power radio interface. A bluetooth device can have both a transmitter and a receiver or just one of those implemented. One of the devices must be set up as a host that can discover and initiate a pair with the other. Your smart phone is set up as a host. Most of the DVD players/receivers are not set up as a host and most remote speakers are not set up as a host. Therefore there is no way to pair a remote speaker with the RV radio. The transmitter ( or similar) is set up to act as a host.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #20

I recently picked up a 2015 195bh. I wish it had the outdoor speakers as well. The entertainment system did not have bluetooth either. I did look at a 2016, that unit's system did have bluetooth. A portable speaker would be perfect with that unit.
mustangmatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, wildwood