Old 05-11-2017, 08:36 AM   #1

Castle Rock ST tire load and inflation guide

My fifth wheel came with Castle Rock ST tires - ST235 / 80R16 - does anyone know where I can get the load/inflation table for these tires?

travelgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

This is about all I've ever found...
Castle Rock - Lionshead

TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=42
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #3

Castle Rock ST tire load and inflation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgp View Post
My fifth wheel came with Castle Rock ST tires - ST235 / 80R16 - does anyone know where I can get the load/inflation table for these tires?

I can't believe these types say they have a75mph speed rating on the side?!oh and I don't know about yours but mine are nitrogen filled for what ever difference that makes
micsol84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #4

Smile

Thank you - this is what I need - just couldn't find it anywhere
travelgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #5

Castle Rocks

travelgp,
i know a fifth wheel with $900+ of damage done on its 9th trip out from a Castle Rock Tire that blew out, less than 2K miles. If you have 16" tires/rims you can find many different fixes that will not have to be an ST rated tire. Many will tell you that trailer tires fail due to owner neglect and the such, which can be true sometimes, but I know that they fail due to cheap just construction. Too many incidents from too many people to believe otherwise. I have four CR's for sale for $100 if I can find someone who would want them! Get four new tires, my opinion is LT's, but you can search this forum and make up your mind. Buying new tires every four years, if they last, when you buy ST's, that are not worn out is expensive. Buy the LT's and probably never have to replace unless you travel many thousands of miles. Everyone has an opinion, this is mine after 4 unfortunate incidents with ST rated tires. Once you change a blow out(s) alongside the interstate while your back is facing 18 wheeler's traveling by at ~65 mph you tend to want to do something different. Hope this helps!
cseeger22
cseeger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgp View Post
Thank you - this is what I need - just couldn't find it anywhere
I have always ran tires at max PSI stated on the sidewall. In 42 years I have never had a problem with tires. On my last 3 ( a TT and 2 5ers) I went straight from the dealership to my tire dealer and switched to Carlisle tires. He bought the OEM tires...

Unless you weigh each individual wheel adjusting is impossible to be correct. Even if you weigh axels it is unlikely each side is the same.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by micsol84 View Post
I can't believe these types say they have a75mph speed rating on the side?!oh and I don't know about yours but mine are nitrogen filled for what ever difference that makes

Careful, you're about to cross popcorn streams!
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #8

Just today I took off my Castle Rocks that only had 1900 miles on them. They were ST225/75R15 D. I replaced them with the Goodyear Endurance tires ST225/75R15 E (Made in America).
I also had them put on metal valve stems instead of the rubber ones. We took it for a little 60 mile run and I can tell you that I am very impressed by them. Tomorrow I will put my TPMS back on after I recalibrate for the higher psi in the Goodyears.
Yes, my rims were good for the 80 psi Goodyear vs the 65psi Castle Rock.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:03 PM   #9
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseeger22 View Post
travelgp,

Once you change a blow out(s) alongside the interstate while your back is facing 18 wheeler's traveling by at ~65 mph you tend to want to do something different. Hope this helps!
cseeger22
There's a very easy solution to the problem of changing a tire on the side of the interstate. Just dial 911 and tell them you are disabled on the side of the road and are an obstruction to traffic. It won't take very long for a police vehicle to show up (or one of the approved safety response vehicles if the area has them).

While you are waiting for the blue lights to show up just find a spot to wait that is well clear of traffic. Once help arrives you'll see traffic moving over and even slowing down while you change the tire.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire