Old 06-16-2015, 10:37 AM   #21

Cheap tires on my 2015 29UD3 wildwood

I had the same issue with my toy hauler tires. I thought I had axle issues because the tires looked so bad and had only about 2000 miles on them. I replaced with maxxis and went up a load range. The maxxis have more miles and they still look new. Yes they come with the cheapest crappy tires that could lead you to believe you have other issues.

2012 Sandstorm 203SLC
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4

2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:22 AM   #22

So far no help from dealership where I bought the unit. I have been told alignment checks out and no axle issues but how do I know?? Is there a computer readout like cars??

Told tires were under inflated but same psi as delivery at 52 psi.

I went straight to the distributor of the wheels lions head specialty wheels and tires and spoke with a rep who emailed me a warranty claim form packet. All I can hope for is a prorated dollar amt per tire.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #23

I had the same issue with my unit when it was new. I have the Vail Sport bias tires. The inside of the tires were badly worn shortly after a few trips. The dealer initially thought an axle issue. After taking the measurements from Lippert's axle specs they were right on. They contacted Lionshead Specialty and they sent 4 new tires and rims to the dealer with no issues. I have not had any issues since the replaced tires were installed. I am not a fan of the Vail Sport bias tire, but they have held up so far where I don't need to replace them. One good thing is they are filled with nitrogen...(which is highly debated on this site) and I have not lost any tire pressure over 2 years. Good luck.
Great Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #24
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Nitrogen doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I have 2 tires on my 8329ss that continue to lose air. Six months into ownership there were 2 low tires. Had them pulled and dealeR said there was a problem with the rim. Currently I am a camphost at the Chain o Lakes state park in Illinois and in one month lost 15 and 20 lbs in those two tires.
A blog a few months back commented that Costco had good trailer tires but the owner had to know what the torque settings were on the nuts before Costco would mount them. Anybody know what the settings are?
Old 06-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #25

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
I did exactly what Marc Basin did. The factory gave me $75/tire for 4 tires,,,,,not the spare tho,,,,,I sold the others on Craigslist for $200. With the $300 from FR plus the $200 from Craigslist, I threw in the extra $75 and filled them with Nitrogen. I did have them spin balanced.....and Discount Tire put the weights on the inside of the wheels.....they're staying there. I'm happy with the outcome.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
PSI same as at PDI does not always mean it's correct. My trailer had 40 lbs and they were ready to send me on my way and I told them to air it up to the correct 50lb PSI first. Sounds like your pressure is low for tires to wear like yours did.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
YES! X2 -- In fact, don't trust tire dealers either!

True Story:
Swapped out my China bombs for Goodyear Marathon, LR D tires. When I went back to the tire shop to pick up our 5er the tires looked suspiciously low. I checked the tires and they had 40 PSI (spec is 60!) Snagged the tech and he said he thought it was supposed to be 40 (read the sidewall bozo!)

So I got suspicious and asked him if he had spun balanced them to 65MPH as I had requested on the work order. He got a dazed & confused look on his face so I went direct to the manager and talked to him. He apologized and got another tech to pull a tire. NOPE no balancing! So they redid all 4 tires while I *watched*

For some odd reason I did not see the original tech around the tire shop when I left with my correctly inflated and balanced tires
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maron View Post
Nitrogen doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I have 2 tires on my 8329ss that continue to lose air. Six months into ownership there were 2 low tires. Had them pulled and dealeR said there was a problem with the rim. Currently I am a camphost at the Chain o Lakes state park in Illinois and in one month lost 15 and 20 lbs in those two tires.
A blog a few months back commented that Costco had good trailer tires but the owner had to know what the torque settings were on the nuts before Costco would mount them. Anybody know what the settings are?
Nitrogen is a myth (search the forums there are a bazillion threads on it )

or read this: Nitrogen in tires myth

As for your tires, I suspected the valve stems, but if the dealer said "Rims" now I wonder if that *is* the issue if it would not be under warranty?
Old 06-18-2015, 01:49 PM   #28

I put Helium in my tires, help lighten the load!
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 hole View Post
I put Helium in my tires, help lighten the load!
It's like airbags for your RV!!

Use Helium in my TV to -- really boosted the CCC!

Old 06-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maron View Post
The factory recommended torque is 100 ft lbs for steel and 110 or aluminum wheels. This is per the decal I just pulled off of my T27RKSS after checking the torque.

Paul

Tags
tire, tires, wildwood