Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2017, 02:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajeep2 View Post
I am now living full-time in my 356QB.

How's your A/C doing? Yesterday kicked our butts. Near 90 with high humidity and the drivers side is in full afternoon sun with no shade. Today I pulled down all the vents and A/C covers and sealed between the duct and ceiling. They had done it at the factory but very poorly. Much better now but still not as good as I'd like. It's just too much with these three giant slides in full sun.
skidsareforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #22

Mine so far keeps it around 75 in full sunshine in 90 degree heat in Houston, Texas. I did get the upgraded 15 A/C instead of the 13.5 units.
gajeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #23

I have a 15K and a 13.5K. Didn't realize you could get it with two 15K's. seems to be doing much better after I sealed the ducts.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Mine so far keeps it around 75 in full sunshine in 90 degree heat in Houston, Texas. I did get the upgraded 15 A/C instead of the 13.5 units.
With that said, The bunkhouse area is slightly warmer by a few degrees, but not much.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #25

I have found to keep the master bedroom 1 degree colder on the thermostat. It seems to work better that way.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:20 PM   #26

I'll give it a try, thanks.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #27

Wow. a/c problems. We are going out for first time this year, This weekend. Lows at night are mid 30's. fireplace will be going all night and all morning for sure. DW said "what do we need that for" and now won't turn it off.
kzoromski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:07 PM   #28

Oops. Checked weather where I live not where we're going. Early camping season mistake. High 20's at night. Ouch.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoromski View Post
Oops. Checked weather where I live not where we're going. Early camping season mistake. High 20's at night. Ouch.
Where is that? I want to visit. Its already from the Mid to upper 80's to low 90's in Texas. Although at night it has been a cool balmy 75.[emoji12]
Old 05-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Where is that? I want to visit. Its already from the Mid to upper 80's to low 90's in Texas. Although at night it has been a cool balmy 75.[emoji12]

Yeah, no crap our bad weather has started early this year.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:40 PM   #31

We are from central Wisconsin. Headed 1.25 hrs northeast to Lakewood, wi
Old 05-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #32

Good time to come up and camp. Plenty of openings here. Really doesn't start here until memorial weekend. We got 2" of snow last week. But around 65 today. Unpredictable here for few more weeks yet
Old 05-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #33

Quote:
We are from central Wisconsin. Headed 1.25 hrs northeast to Lakewood, wi

We'll be be in the UP until 02AUG and have to be in the Black Hills on 14AUG. Any recommendations for the in between?
Old 05-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #34

We love lake Arbutus (Hatfield wi). Jackson county park (east arbutus) is outstanding as far as just camping on the water. Quite a few lake sites. Clark county (Russell memorial park). Very nice too. Inexpensive also. Both have dedicated areas for atv's away from rest of campground. Nice in my opinion to offer both. I want to say $80 for the week. We have small kids so we stay in warrens for a day or two sometimes.(jellystone park) First then drive to Hatfield for rest of the week. About 30min away. Jellystone has water park,train rides, kids activities etc. more $$ though and commercial. Overall pretty nice for 2days. I just prefer less commercial setting for remainder of the week.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:25 AM   #35

It's been pretty hot here in central Florida with the humidity creeping up as we get into our summer, were taking our first tt out Sunday and hubbie cranked on the a.c. for the first time the other day since installing the 30 amp, we worried because ours sits in the hot afternoon sun for now but after about 10 minutes she was freezing good. I was worrying because of everything I've been reading here about people installing 2 ac's, lol, I was driving him crazy .
Old 05-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #36

Quote:
We love lake Arbutus (Hatfield wi). Jackson county park (east arbutus) is outstanding as far as just camping on the water. Quite a few lake sites. Clark county (Russell memorial park). Very nice too. Inexpensive also. Both have dedicated areas for atv's away from rest of campground. Nice in my opinion to offer both. I want to say $80 for the week. We have small kids so we stay in warrens for a day or two sometimes.(jellystone park) First then drive to Hatfield for rest of the week. About 30min away. Jellystone has water park,train rides, kids activities etc. more $$ though and commercial. Overall pretty nice for 2days. I just prefer less commercial setting for remainder of the week.

Thanks, we'll look into them.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:15 AM   #37

Quote:
I have found to keep the master bedroom 1 degree colder on the thermostat. It seems to work better that way.

That seems to be helping. Sealing the duct work has also been well worth the $15 in aluminum tape it cost me.

Tags
5er