Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #1

Does 2019 Wildwood x-lite qbxl 282 have an inverter/charger?

Does anyone know?
forestdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
Site Team

It has a CONverter/charger.
But unless it has a residential fridge, it does not come with a factory inverter.
Going by the pics, it has a RV fridge. So no inverter.

ALL RVs come with CONverters, few come with factory Inverters. For most of those that do, it only powers the residential fridge, nothing else.
Very few, mainly large Motorhomes, have whole house inverters that can power the outlets, since it takes a very large battery bank.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
It has a CONverter/charger.
But unless it has a residential fridge, it does not come with a factory inverter.
What do you mean by residential fridge? Whats the difference between a converter and an inverter? Would I need an inverter to use solar panels?
Old 08-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestdweller View Post
What do you mean by residential fridge? Whats the difference between a converter and an inverter? Would I need an inverter to use solar panels?
Some RVs have fridges like you have in your house, instead of a RV fridge.

The Converter takes 110v AC power and converts it to 12v DC power. It keeps the battery charged.
A Inverter does the opposite. It takes 12v battery power and inverts it to 110v AC power.

What do you want to do? Solar panels will only recharge the battery. They don't run anything directly.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 08-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #5

I want to use the panels to charge the batteries but I want to use those batteries to power things in the trailer that use normal outlets and hopefully the rv refrigerator. Do I need an inverter to do that?
Old 08-04-2018, 02:40 PM   #6

yes. the invertor in my heritage glen runs my residential fridge off the batteries. (non propane fridge) it is not wired to run any thing else. don't know the power/battery requirements and invertor requirement it would take to start running outlets and such off the invertor or adding a larger invertor?
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestdweller View Post
I want to use the panels to charge the batteries but I want to use those batteries to power things in the trailer that use normal outlets and hopefully the rv refrigerator. Do I need an inverter to do that?
Do you have room for a bank of 4 batteries?
That and a big house inverter will be required and wiring the inverter in, to feed the outlets, won't be easy.

Why do you want to run the fridge on electricity? It will run on propane also. That's what it's designed for, shore power or propane.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:44 PM   #8

I would agree to not run the fridge off an inverter when you can save that power by using propane.

If you do want an inverter for charging small devices or even running some small appliances like a TV or fan that can definitely be easily accomplished. I have a 1500 watt inverter setup with two 6v golf cart batteries and can run that for pretty good lengths of time with no issue.

One easy way to do this without a ton of wiring is just to plug in your shore power right to the inverter. Just make sure when you do this that you flip the breaker off for the converter so you aren't wasting electricity by creating a loop of charging with the same power you are drawing off the batteries.

Inverters do draw a lot of battery power so if you do go this route and you are gonna be out for more than a day or two you will want to have a solar setup or generator to at least charge the batteries back up. I also would advise getting an inverter with an on/off button you can wire inside the camper to easily turn it off whenever you aren't using the outlets.
Fargo, ND
Hekdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, lite, wildwood