Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #1

Door bottoms

I'm sure there is a good reason my inside doors don't reach the floor..I can practically stick my head underneath them. Has anyone modified to provide a bit more privacy in the bathroom ?

I've looked at the home store and nothing comes close to bridging the gap.
iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:08 PM   #2

doors are left short for proper air flow. Mine are about 2 inches off the floor. Your head?
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:30 PM   #3

In all our RVs, I've never seen a gap larger than 1.5" at top and bottom of internal doors. I always figured this was cheaper than a door vent for ventilation and might also be a flex cushion.

If you have a gap that much larger, I would find another model/brand like yours and see if the gap is uniform. Maybe they gave you the wrong door?

If not, I would probably just mod the door. Take the skins off, extend the frame, and replace/mod the skins. There really isn't a whole lot to these doors. The frame usually has a joint nail in the corners, and the skins are just glued on as well as the styrofoam used in the middle. I've had to rebuild several doors when the glue gives out in about four years

If you don't want to go to that much trouble, just hang some fabric or rubber material from the bottom of the door. Wallah, privacy
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #4

Mine is a 2002. 4" gap top and bottom. To allow heat (on the floor) and cool (on the ceiling) to enter the bathroom. helps get the moisture out of the bathroom. (can you say mold). TT isn't the place to expect total privacy.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Mine is a 2002. 4" gap top and bottom. To allow heat (on the floor) and cool (on the ceiling) to enter the bathroom. helps get the moisture out of the bathroom. (can you say mold). TT isn't the place to expect total privacy.
That made me laugh. I know several women that would argue vigorously against your idea of expected privacy in an RV restroom

4" on each end seems a bit extreme for ventilation. Sounds to me like the manufacturer got a great deal on midget doors
Old 06-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
That made me laugh. I know several women that would argue vigorously against your idea of expected privacy in an RV restroom

4" on each end seems a bit extreme for ventilation. Sounds to me like the manufacturer got a great deal on midget doors
If there were heat and cool vents in the bathroom the openings would be much smaller.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
If there were heat and cool vents in the bathroom the openings would be much smaller.
So there is no powered exhaust fan in a roof vent in the bathroom?
Old 06-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
So there is no powered exhaust fan in a roof vent in the bathroom?
Off course there is. there is no AC and Heat vents. If some have heat and air, They but shorties on all to make production easy.

Tags
door