Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2014, 11:09 PM   #1

Electric Awning

Ok. So one more questions when it comes to electric awnings in a 356QBQ. I had a guy that works at the park I'm at tell me to check my manual when it came to my awning b/c it might have a wind sensor to where it will retract automatically if the wind picks up to much. Although the guy who delivered it gave me a manual it says nothing in there at all about the awning.

1st. How do I tell if I have that feature?

2nd. Where can I go to get a more in-depth manual for my rig?

TIA

Visit my blog:https://www.rvlifemilitarystyle.blogspot.com

🌺 Christina LaPlaca 🌺
Angelbunnie13182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
Infractee

Unfortunately there are no indepth manuals to these rigs. Only individual component manuals. (And most of those suck as well) I have no idea on the wind sensor, when I ordered my new unit there was no option for that. I would have paid for it!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #3

One possibility - see if there is a tag on the underside of the awning with the manufacturer name and model #. Probably Dometic or Carefree. Then try a google/bing search to see if it has the wind sensor or not.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Unfortunately there are no indepth manuals to these rigs. Only individual component manuals. (And most of those suck as well) I have no idea on the wind sensor, when I ordered my new unit there was no option for that. I would have paid for it!

There was no option for that with us either but we also were not told that we could choose a u shaped dinette or a table and chairs. We thought we were getting the u shaped dinette but then it came with the table and chairs. I'm pretty sure that was an option but something they didn't tell us. We had ALOT of problems with the dealership.

🌺 Christina LaPlaca 🌺
Old 08-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #5

the Solera awning doesnt have a wind or rain sensor. If its bad, remeber to retract it in before its too late.
Off-topic. As for the u shape dinette, I have it and would rather have the freestanding table and chairs. Its nice, but I think the table chairs would be better, Can you post up a interior pic of it? thanks.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
the Solera awning doesnt have a wind or rain sensor. If its bad, remeber to retract it in before its too late.
Off-topic. As for the u shape dinette, I have it and would rather have the freestanding table and chairs. Its nice, but I think the table chairs would be better, Can you post up a interior pic of it? thanks.
Here are some pics Chewie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	61658  

🌺 Christina LaPlaca 🌺
Old 08-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #7

Thanks. That looks nice. Wish I would have went that route instead of the u- shape.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #8

Wink

Yeah Chewie,
I am actually glad now that I have the table and chairs. Makes it easier for people to have a place to sit if they are a little larger than normal instead of trying to squeeze into the dinette area.

🌺 Christina LaPlaca 🌺
Old 09-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #9

On the awning there is no wind sensor on our 2013. Also, what we found was one day we tried our sunshade in the awning track to help block the sun a bit...it was a bit tricky getting it into the grove in the awning but it worked. Then later we went to retract the awning leaving the shade in place...nothing happened..it would not move...we removed the shade and it retracted like normal. it is slow to come in and out but we decided to not use the sunshade unless we insert the tab hangers in the tube and use S hooks to drape it after the awning is out and then remove it before retracting. Just my experience so I would not try it again.
Vtxguypei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, electric