Old 03-22-2016, 07:52 AM   #1

External TV coax connection

We have an external TV mount on our Heritage Glen where we can move the TV from inside to outside. While on our maiden trip with the new HG we did move the TV outside to try it out. But, the coax connection on the exterior wall was marked "Park Cable", surely FR would not be silly enough to make that a cable connection only. I was wrong! Had to run a a piece of coax from the box inside the rig through the kitchen window to get the tv connected to the tv antenna.

I am assuming others have/had the same issue? Any fixes?

Thanks,

Old 03-22-2016, 09:45 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSmitty View Post
We have an external TV mount on our Heritage Glen where we can move the TV from inside to outside. While on our maiden trip with the new HG we did move the TV outside to try it out. But, the coax connection on the exterior wall was marked "Park Cable", surely FR would not be silly enough to make that a cable connection only. I was wrong! Had to run a a piece of coax from the box inside the rig through the kitchen window to get the tv connected to the tv antenna.

I am assuming others have/had the same issue? Any fixes?

Thanks,
I don't know the details of your unit but, generally stated, external coax connections are INPUT connections, not output. My Wildcat has Cable, Sat1, Sat2 on the outside (well, behind the door of the connections panel). Inside my front storage bay, I have a coax connection which is OUTPUT to my TV.

Yours marked "Park Cable" is for input from the camp's cable system. You might be able to patch back to this coax connection from the TV booster.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I don't know the details of your unit but, generally stated, external coax connections are INPUT connections, not output. My Wildcat has Cable, Sat1, Sat2 on the outside (well, behind the door of the connections panel). Inside my front storage bay, I have a coax connection which is OUTPUT to my TV.

Yours marked "Park Cable" is for input from the camp's cable system. You might be able to patch back to this coax connection from the TV booster.
Ahhh...that makes sense. So, I have 2 different cable INPUT locations. One in the back and one on the side. On my old Jayco it did have a TV booster connection on the outside for TV connection. Guess I need to search some more for for an OUTPUT connection.

Thanks,
Old 03-22-2016, 11:32 AM   #4

Typically, if you have an external hook up for an outside TV it will not be on the external shore sewer/water connect side of the RV.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #5

I would assume it would be right around the outside mount for the TV...but have not found one yet.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #6
I go RV'ing not Camping

My external coax connection did run cable through it the 1 time I tried it at a campground. I have never tried to run off the antenna on the outside as I have a satellite system that I just plug directly into the tv on the outside. You should be able to rewire the outside connection at the junction box in the trailer to allow the outside tv to run off the antenna if it isn't wired that way currently.

Hope that helps?
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #7

Put a splitter in ......CG cable to input of splitter......one out terminal to the RV input and the other out terminal to the outside TV input
Old 03-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #8

On my Flagstaff, the coax out for outside tv is very close to the outside rect, which makes sense and as stated earlier on the opposite side of the sewer drain. The input for cg cable and satellite antenna are near the city water inlet. There is a splitter in the entertainment center that feeds the bedroom and outside tvs. It may be worth mentioning here, I got brackets that are used to mount outside grills and mounted them to the back of the tv and use the rails on the side of the rv to mount the outside tv. May have to use a spacer for some TV sets if the cables come straight out the back rather than side ways into the back. Works great, keeps tv out of the way, can use the outside speakers if needed as well. Great for ball games, redneck tailgating!!
Days camped in FR, 2011 = 20, 2012 = 57, 2013 = 59
... 2014 = 39, 2015 = 52, 2016 = 77, 2017 = 81
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:19 PM   #9

There is an electrical jack inside a compartment on the curb side of my rig and I believe there is a coax jack right next to it. Never used it.
Navigator = Xiangbing
Crew = Shikibu
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:05 PM   #10

Contacted FR Customer service...and according to them, that external coax connection should be an output for antenna/cable. He recommended to let the dealer look at it next time we have it in the shop.