Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #1

First trip issues

So we took our new TT (2014 TBSS) out this weekend for its shakedown and we tried all the different components out to see if everything worked as advertised. Two things we found and maybe some of you have some insight:

1. Gas water heater worked fine first day but quit sometime during the night. It wouldn't light off. And when it tried, it sounded like it was trying to explode (lot of propane buildup I suppose). Regardless, I turned the gas off. During the dpi, it would not light at all. Looks like same issue or maybe not. Is there something I can check? Or is it warranty call time after one trip? (Yes, there was plenty of propane).

2. Back right tire had near bald tread on inside and outside of tire from severe under inflation. It had only been dragged from the dealer to my storage before I discovered this. PDI says they were all inflated to 50psi before I left so this is weird. I found it like this checking pressure before our first trip? Take a look. Inside of tread is the same as outside tread but I couldn't get a good lit shot. Definitely not a new tire from the looks or can 26 miles do this?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1403467693.770721.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	572.3 KB
ID:	56035
Old 06-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #2

If the tire pressure is normal, if suspect an axle way out of alignment to do that with such little hauling. Even though you hauled it a short distance, it could have hundreds of miles from where it was built and delivered to the dealer.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #3

Update:
I fixed the propane water heater issue by cleaning out the entire burner assembly. Easy fix.

Tire issue still has not been resolved. No response from dealer to this point. Getting upset.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by

2. Back right tire had near bald tread on inside and outside of tire from severe under inflation. It had only been dragged from the dealer to my storage before I discovered this. PDI says they were all inflated to 50psi before I left so this is weird. I found it like this checking pressure before our first trip? Take a look. Inside of tread is the same as outside tread but I couldn't get a good lit shot. Definitely not a new tire from the looks or can 26 miles do this?
[ATTACH
56035[/ATTACH]
I bought a new 2011 26tbss. put about 500 mile on it the first year and ALL 4 tires had the same wear that you have. Then second year I put on about 2000 miles on (trip to Disney) and noticed the tires al had choppy wear on them. on my final trip of the season, 360 miles, the right rear tire had the belt showing. Took to dealer and was told that the trailer might have been over loaded, it wasn't, I saved my weight readings from the CAT scales when I weighed it prior to leaving on my trip to Disney. Dealer said he will look into it, however, the axles were now out of warrantee (of course) but he will see what he can do. Well the axles were bent, and out of alignment, the axle comp agreed to replace axles (heavier axles !!!) but would not pay the labor, Forrest River agreed to pay the labor but not for new tires. I bought 4 new tires and was happy with the arrangement. Now, waiting to put some more miles on to see if that was the problem and fixed correctly.
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #5

I'm finally getting around to this. Took it to a trailer specialty shop and they said the axle needs to be replaced ASAP. It needs heavier axles as was your result. I've got to call dealer now and get this resolved before I run out of warranty.