Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #1

Fitting a ladder to my Wildwood 32SRV

Has anyone fitted a ladder to this (or similar model)?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Mat_the_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #2

When a camper comes from the factory with a ladder there are added supports to the roof while in production for a ladder. To add one after the fact may get tricky.

I don't remember if anyone here on the forum has added one, i do know that some people carry one with them if they have no ladder on there rig.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #3

Thar is no added support to trailer with A latter
jutojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #4

I'm about to install a ladder on my Rockwood 8272S TT. First, I called Forest River parts dept. with my model# & Vin #. From there, I got the part # & called the plant manager for Rockwood, & he looked up my trailers' vin information to verify backing was installed so a ladder could be added(it could). Next, I talked to the service/installation manager at the factory to verify the position of installation. Even though I'm alittle nervous drilling pilot holes to start the screws into my trailer, I'll be sure to put silicone in the holes so water cannot penetrate in. Now that being said, ladders can be alittle pricey, but I would(or your dealer) order from the factory only for a correct fit, and not a generic fit-all. And shipping can be pricey, but luckily my ladder can be shipped in 3 pieces, lowering cost. Talk to the factory with your model & Vin# to find out for sure.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:59 AM   #5

Great suggestion call with the model and v.i.n number. I seem to remember there was another member a year or two ago that wanted to add a ladder after the fact but was not able to because he found out that there were no supports in the roof to accommodate a ladder on his rig, so i was under the impression that if it was not ordered that way then why put the supports in.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote