Old 04-19-2015, 06:10 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
I'm with you DDC!

Water damage will start at the beginning. If from the roof, it'll be mold/mildew all the way down. Bad things can happen to you if you breath too much air with mold/mildew in the air. I would suggest looking for damage in the walls too.

Do all this AFTER talking to the insurance co.
The RV shop said they resealed / caulked everything they thought could be the problem. Guess its a waiting game with the rain.

Share your concern about the walls, esp. since the screws were rusted. Thankfully when we use the trailer, its just a giant tent... we're outside all day until its time to sleep. More worried about the effects on my dogs. We're not power users by any means... one weekend a month during the summer.

bsdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #32

Just submitted a claim with the photos... ugh.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdmom View Post
The RV shop said they resealed / caulked everything they thought could be the problem. Guess its a waiting game with the rain.

Share your concern about the walls, esp. since the screws were rusted. Thankfully when we use the trailer, its just a giant tent... we're outside all day until its time to sleep. More worried about the effects on my dogs. We're not power users by any means... one weekend a month during the summer.
Is any of this in writing and did you pay for it?

And if it was in their care, I would think it would be THEIR responsibility.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Is any of this in writing and did you pay for it?

And if it was in their care, I would think it would be THEIR responsibility.
I have the most recent receipt. Not sure where the one is from last year. They are also the place that did insurance work on it when I accidentally backed into it with my Jeep.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #35

Sorry this happened to you bsdmom. That really sucks. Unfortunately this needs to a cautionary tale to all RV owners that water is the death of RV's.

Good luck with the repairs.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #36

I would take it to a dealer and file a claim with your insurance company (the warranty won't help now, but you should have insurance on the unit. we had a hybrid with the same problem, and had to pay $1000 out of pocket to have the floor pulled up and replaced but our auto insurance paid the rest of it. we had a 2001 camper that the walls and floor was completed wet and ruined. it was totaled out and we bought a hybred camper and the hybred was the one with the wet floor that we had to replace (it was only ne year old when that happened so our insurance coverage paid all but the $1000) we were told then that even when a camper is stored it should be leveled as best as possible to be sure the water runs off as it should.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
Sorry this happened to you bsdmom. That really sucks. Unfortunately this needs to a cautionary tale to all RV owners that water is the death of RV's.

Good luck with the repairs.

Vin.
As much as I love having an RV, gotta wonder if its really worth it. If insurance won't cover anything, I have an $8,000 piece of junk.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #38

Quote:
I have the most recent receipt. Not sure where the one is from last year. They are also the place that did insurance work on it when I accidentally backed into it with my Jeep.
Where did the Jeep hit the unit and what did they have to repair? Is there any More to this Story? Youroo!!
Old 04-19-2015, 07:31 PM   #39

Quote:
As much as I love having an RV, gotta wonder if its really worth it. If insurance won't cover anything, I have an $8,000 piece of junk.
Did you buy this used? Could it be the damage was done under the ownership of the prior owner and that all the proper maintenance you did was too late?

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Where did the Jeep hit the unit and what did they have to repair? Is there any More to this Story? Youroo!!
Backed into just in front of the door. Bent the hinge and dented the siding. They replaced the door and fixed the siding. That's all.