Old 04-19-2015, 07:39 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
Did you buy this used? Could it be the damage was done under the ownership of the prior owner and that all the proper maintenance you did was too late?

Vin.
Probably. ANd that's what I'm afraid my insurance will say. But the rate at which that floor declined... wow. Even with the maintenance I did.

bsdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #42

dont be too quick to assume this was faulty sealing work. these that I have done in the past have been compartment doors(wanderer and tahoe front), shower traps and fresh water tanks, primarily. is the tank on the floor in the middle across from the entry door? usually the greatest rot with a water source marks the origin. water enters between the vinyl and subfloor. if the tongues down then the front gets taken out. the origin is quite possibly further back towards the kitchen.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdmom View Post
Probably. ANd that's what I'm afraid my insurance will say. But the rate at which that floor declined... wow. Even with the maintenance I did.
except the floor was fine last fall and you saw no signs of water...
Old 04-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #44

Well mom, we are all interested in your situation and want to help you by giving suggestions that may/may not help. We sometimes get into predicaments and sometimes when people brainstorm (like here on FRF) we might hit upon a solution. So don't be afraid of asking questions. Just try to make them intelligent?

So let me ask:

In the 1st post, you mentioned that you brought the TT out of storage. From where?

Did you have it covered? With an RV cover?

Was it stored in a somewhat level position? If it isn't parked somewhat level, the rain runoff may have been affected and could get into places that are not sealed correctly.

It's kind of late to say it now, but no matter how the previous owner maintained the trailer, it's yours now.

If you are going to repair the damage(whether insurance settlement or not), you need to find out where the water has entered. The walls will have insulation that will be ruined and will have to come out.

I see a huge endeavor if you keep the TT.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #45

I paid to have it sit on the lot of the place that does maintaince. They winterized it for me then put the RV cover on it and parked it. The cover came with the RV and is pretty fancy.

Again, I have no idea where water may be coming in, especially if the RV place says they've done everything they saw to do

The trailer is on payments so I'll likely have to keep paying for a trailer I can't use. And no money to even think about $$$$ in repairs right now.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #46

Don't despair, certainly you had insurance if you were making payments. Get them on it pronto and you can go from there.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #47

Unfortunately when the floor is rotted in an RV to the extent your pictures show it most likely will be a total loss.

Sorry to say that, but I think your insurance company will just total the RV and give you ACV.

We feel for you. This is very sad.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:07 PM   #48

is the molding on the perimeter of the floor looking as good all the way around as in the pictures? if the water starts under the vinyl then the walls pinch it off. if thats the case, the walls will be fine. everything above vinyl that is. no tanks up front, dont know why this would be a total. coach is only 5 years old.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #49

Just talked to State Farm. The said it is unlikely water damage will be covered as that's something that happens over a duration of time, not something sudden like an accident. They are sending an adjuster just in case but it isn't looking good. Completely heartbroken.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:03 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
is the molding on the perimeter of the floor looking as good all the way around as in the pictures? if the water starts under the vinyl then the walls pinch it off. if thats the case, the walls will be fine. everything above vinyl that is. no tanks up front, dont know why this would be a total. coach is only 5 years old.
Not sure what you're asking? What's left under the walls is actually drying out.