Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
I spotted a leaker early on at the turboflush fitting. It only leaked water into the camper when I was outside running it, and it was under and behind the cabinets.

Just happened to notice some water near the water pump (same cabinet) and figured it out while trying to find the non-existent pump leak.

I did not "winterize" the turboflush and the fitting cracked.
I wonder if something like that could be mounted below the floor line?
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
hello...my name is david. insurance companies DO pay claims like this. I have proof. I have repaired numerous floors like this under insurance and have documentation. I have also written all the major carriers about the industry standards that lead to this condition. floating vinyl is what allows huge swathes of floor to degrade in very little time. though not said, im sure the industry went this direction due to movement at the joints rifting the vinyl. at least thats what I thought till I saw the jayco vid on the "why" thread. some mfg still do the "full spread". at least one industry rep here says your negligent. an owner, using due diligence should see water and correct. my contention is, if the water is under the vinyl, who can see it? thats why I mentioned the molding at the floor line. I saw no staining on the molding. the sofa base and cabinets, are they just stained or rotted? these are the components on which you build your case.
Interesting. I still have the vinyl sheet with all the mold under it. I also kept the large piece of board with the wet insulation on it. Everything else camp out like wood chips.

The sofa base and everything above the vinyl is fine. The reason it is toast is it fell apart when removing it- it was poorly constructed.

bsdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:05 AM   #63

as I said before. do no more work. let the adjuster come have a look. get good pics of all above the floor line and below. the molding shows no water above. check local shops there to see if any have done this repair. small guys who might not even have a RV sales facility. I try to schedule for the winter to keep staff on. it would be good to have a local advocate. ill dig for a state farm claim. the floors Ive done the people are keeping. havent had one sale im aware of. you shown due diligence. what is full coverage for? this is a catastophic event...
Old 04-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #64
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Just curious, did you have a cover on it over the winter?
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #65

Floor (and likely walls) completed rotted... devastated

post #17 and #45

Tim

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #66

Yes, cover on all winter. Looks like adjuster will be here Wednesday. It has been raining since last night. Afraid to go check the camper.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:12 PM   #67

Stay strong mom. We all feel for you.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdmom View Post
Yes, cover on all winter. Looks like adjuster will be here Wednesday. It has been raining since last night. Afraid to go check the camper.
set loose items out of weather. get those photos?

edit: no need to post. have for adjuster showing no water on the cabinet bases. ill look for the estimates I have
Old 04-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #69

I would be vary surprised if your insurance company will cover water damage, from a roof or window leak. Most companies will tell you that it falls under maintenance, and it is not covered. I had two friends that had the same problem you have, and that’s what they were told. I wish you luck with your claim !!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #70

Mom you mentioned that you stored the trailer at the place that did the maintenance, was there any written agreement that they would be accountable for any damages occurring while they had it on their property?

Just throwing this out there...
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:07 PM   #71

Havent forgot about you. Went through all 2009 R.O.s. My tech claims thats when we did a couple. But none there. All archived in a dusty attic lol. I will hit it hard tomorrow. I know we had some farmers, hoping for some state farm. What you have stated about the condition of the sofa base is promising to say the least. Stay positive...
Old 04-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
Havent forgot about you. Went through all 2009 R.O.s. My tech claims thats when we did a couple. But none there. All archived in a dusty attic lol. I will hit it hard tomorrow. I know we had some farmers, hoping for some state farm. What you have stated about the condition of the sofa base is promising to say the least. Stay positive...
Thanks so much. I did contact Forest River telling them everything and they are going to search the VIN to see if there were any production problems.

BTW, I checked the trailer and its still leaking. It was just a quick check but water is definitely coming in from the front passenger side corner.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #73

Quote:
Backed into just in front of the door. Bent the hinge and dented the siding. They replaced the door and fixed the siding. That's all.
By re-reading the posts, where is the door in relation to where the water is coming in? When the siding was fixed, maybe they didn't inspect to see if the wall members were structurally sound going up to the corner where the water is entering.

It only takes a little water(over time) to do a lot of damage.

My little knowledge of covers, do they keep the rain off of the trailer? I know they need to "breath" to ventilate.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 04-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
By re-reading the posts, where is the door in relation to where the water is coming in? When the siding was fixed, maybe they didn't inspect to see if the wall members were structurally sound going up to the corner where the water is entering.

It only takes a little water(over time) to do a lot of damage.

My little knowledge of covers, do they keep the rain off of the trailer? I know they need to "breath" to ventilate.
I'm not entirely sure what they did. The do insurance estimates and repair work so I took it to them. My insurance accepted it all. Guess I'm more than a little pissed that when I addressed concerns about water, kinda got an 'oh well', though this time, the owner knew I was serious and even he knew the floor was bad. They allegedly resealed all they could find two weeks ago. Yet it still leaks.

Ironically when I asked them about floor repairs, they recommended covering it with a thick laminate floor. Wow.

ETA: Should I call and tell them that their work failed or wait until the adjuster looks at it?

Old 04-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #75

darn it, it looks very intimidating, all the destruction water can do, I wish there was someone around you that could give you some guidance, I have a 1986 winne also that I remodeled last year, I took it down to parade rest, it looks harder than it really is, most of these are just wood and screws, and are easily put together, I replaced part of the floor and walls, and did the carpet and wallpaper, sewn new curtains and valances and even painted the entry, it took me longer because of being old and disabled, but these are very easily repaired, I hope FR comes back with a lot of good news, and can help you get her fixed,,
Hammer

Quote:
Thanks so much. I did contact Forest River telling them everything and they are going to search the VIN to see if there were any production problems.

BTW, I checked the trailer and its still leaking. It was just a quick check but water is definitely coming in from the front passenger side corner.
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:25 PM   #76

Should I call the RV dealer and tell them the work they did recently failed?

Old 04-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #77

Send a message via AIM to B and B
That would be a good start. If they were contracted to make the trailer water tight they did not do what was asked of them.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #78

Quote:
Should I call the RV dealer and tell them the work they did recently failed?

I would at least tell them of the problem. But the adjuster is coming tomorrow and I would wait and see what he has to say. Then you can go back to the dealer with info and say what can you do to rectify the problem. BUT, most rv dealers/service centers will say that the sealing is an owner's responsibility. Even though you paid them to do a job, it is going to be YOUR responsibility to make sure the work they did was correct. You are going to be out some money here. How much, will be decided as things play out.

Oh, I hope that dirty word doesn't have to be used.

L-A-W-Y-E-R.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 04-21-2015, 01:39 PM   #79

breaking developments... more coming soon! We have a solution!!! Will give details later. it's great news!

Old 04-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #80

I HATE SURPRISES.

Unless they are good surprises!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3