Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2019, 12:30 AM   #1

Forest River Contact

About a month ago I sent an email to FR West in regards to my Wildwood X-Lite. I asked if they could provide information/recommendations for mounting a TV in my TT. I still haven't received a reply.

I was also seeking information about my roof. The salesman mentioned several times a "15-year maintenance-free roof", but there is no mention of it in any of the paperwork we received with our TT. As a matter of fact, the "Owner's Manual" provided was about as useless as I've ever seen. Everything was very vague and generalized.

I want to be as educated as possible about my TT. I also want to be sure that I don't damage my TT by improperly mounting a TV, or not caring for my roof properly. I was hoping I could rely on the manufacturer to provide information, but that avenue seemed to fail. Is there another direct source I can contact for specific questions, or do I just post and hope I get the correct answers in this forum?
Countryhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:42 AM   #2

Unfortunately, all the user manuals, regardless of brand, are very generic.

I bought a used Prime Time Avenger last year and their division was very responsive when I contacted them for clarification on features of my camper.

Is this who you contacted?

Chris Morris

909-873-3777 ext 23

cmorris@forestriverinc.com

He is listed as the service contact for the Wildwood X-Lite division in the West region.

If he doesn't respond I would try the service contact for another region.

Good luck.
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:48 AM   #3

Thanks. The address I used was a generic catch-all. I will try Mr. Morris next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithInUpstateNY View Post
Unfortunately, all the user manuals, regardless of brand, are very generic.

I bought a used Prime Time Avenger last year and their division was very responsive when I contacted them for clarification on features of my camper.

Is this who you contacted?

Chris Morris

909-873-3777 ext 23

cmorris@forestriverinc.com

He is listed as the service contact for the Wildwood X-Lite division in the West region.

If he doesn't respond I would try the service contact for another region.

Good luck.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:21 AM   #4

You're welcome.

As for the location of your TV mounting plate, it is hard to know the exact size and location of it. One thing you will see on these forums again and again is that no two units of the same model are EXACTLY the same, even with electrical and plumbing. One day they may use a square mounting plate and another it could be a rectangle, depending on what scraps of plywood they have available that day. If you can't locate the edges of it with a stud finder I would drill a 1/8" pilot hole dead center between the upper and lower cabinets and left to right to see if you hit the plate. The wallboard is only 1/8" thick, so if you can feel wood deeper than that with the end of a safety pin you've got it. Then just center your TV mount at that location.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:26 AM   #5
Site Team

Suggest you post your model number so those that own the same model, can be more helpful. Or do a Forum search on your model number.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Suggest you post your model number so those that own the same model, can be more helpful. Or do a Forum search on your model number.
The model is in his signature. It's a 271BHXL.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhb View Post
About a month ago I sent an email to FR West in regards to my Wildwood X-Lite. I asked if they could provide information/recommendations for mounting a TV in my TT. I still haven't received a reply.

I was also seeking information about my roof. The salesman mentioned several times a "15-year maintenance-free roof", but there is no mention of it in any of the paperwork we received with our TT. As a matter of fact, the "Owner's Manual" provided was about as useless as I've ever seen. Everything was very vague and generalized.

I want to be as educated as possible about my TT. I also want to be sure that I don't damage my TT by improperly mounting a TV, or not caring for my roof properly. I was hoping I could rely on the manufacturer to provide information, but that avenue seemed to fail. Is there another direct source I can contact for specific questions, or do I just post and hope I get the correct answers in this forum?
Forest River Inc
200 State Road 19 North Bdg 2
Wakarusa Indiana 46573

Ask for Duane Casteel he is a manager of some sort. His direct phone is 574-862-2255
E-mail address is Dcasteel@forestriverinc.com Fax 574-3226756
Nascardad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascardad101 View Post
Forest River Inc
Wakarusa Indiana 46573

Ask for Duane Casteel he is a manager of some sort. His direct phone is 574-862-2255
Thank you. I actually received an email from an employee not long after I wrote this post. He was very helpful and provided me with what I was looking for and contact information.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascardad101 View Post
Forest River Inc
Wakarusa Indiana 46573

Thanks for the help. This thread activity happened back in April. The OP just forgot/failed to return back then to post that his problem had been solved.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Thanks for the help. This thread activity happened back in April. The OP just forgot/failed to return back then to post that his problem had been solved.
I forgot to update that I did receive an email from Chris Morris at Forest River. Here's my issue. Chris indicated that there is a 3/8" OSB backer board centered in my entertainment center wall. Well, the wall feels hollow. And when I put a stud finder on it, it only lights up in the center and two outer areas, about the width of a stud. I really don't want to just start putting holes in my wall. I think I'm going to attempt to mount it to the stud. Any insight on what that stud might be, wood, aluminum, other? I've mounted several TV mounts to wood studs, so I understand how to do that. Is there any difference in mounting to a metal stud?

Tags
forest river