Old 09-16-2016, 10:14 PM   #1

Forest River Warranty Program

We just finished a 6000 mile journey with our 2015 Hertiage Glenn 337BAR.And during our trip we experienced a couple of problems.Our first one was after only 898 miles of towing (which was the total miles on the trailer) a R/H front tire experience a tread seperation from the side wall.Peeled all the way around slapping the flooring of the wheel well and took out a skirt side wall brace as well.I was real fortunated to get to the side right away with much damage.A small 2x4 inch hole right down to the syrafoam.2) The plastic fender skirt on the L/H side of the trailer came loose and shook itself lose from the wall it was mounted to it seems that the screw that holds the bracket that supports the plastic fender came loose.So a new fender skirt was needed.3)Our awning motors were not in sync and while one side was coming end to the sidewall the rear was trailing the front motor so the front just kept trying to roll up while already stow and tore the awning out from the awning mount.So how do you ask was Forest River Customer Service,and how many stars do I give them.Well when the tire blew I called them and to my surprise they responded ASAP.They had a new spare ready at a tire dealership just 48 miles down the road as was waiting for me when we arrived.I paid the 148.00 dallors for the tire and mounting,and was reimbersed with in 1 week via a check in the mail.The wheel well damage was some what of a concern do to water getting up into the flooring and causing more damaged,so they had me set down near a major dealership inwhich they too were ready for us when we arrived.They pick up the trailer with a forklift and moved it into the service bay to start repairs.We have vacation interuption insurance on your RV it is a blessing because ours paid for 3 days including meals.This happen to be the excalt amount of time it took them to repair the wheel well flooring,awning,and had the plastic fender shirt their the second day of repairs.We tour Seattle while we waited for our trailer what could be more easy.We were forunate in that all our forward RV sites allowed us to rebook around the repairs during the busy 3 day hoilday that was happening when we arrived,including the Hydro Races,so it was a very busy dealership at the time.I can sleep right giving Forest River a 10 out of 10 stars.Poulsbo RV service dept was outstanding as well,a 10 out of 10 stars,kept us in the loop from the moment the factory warranty approved the repairs was notified via email.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:29 PM   #2

Just a update so We have gone in for our rear Dometic Breeze II has stop cooling,and I want to thank the tech who posted the service bullentin concerning the Dometic Breeze II Air Conditioning bullentin.But Dometic was not convinced that that was the problem so a certified Dometic trainned tech had to troubleshoot the system,and found low voltage from the compressor,so it is either out of coolant because it leaked out or the motor stopped functioning all together.They checked the t-sat as well.So we await Dometic reply,tech thinks the whole unit will be replaced.While up on the roof through yes you guess it,the roof is bubbling up front near the fiberglass cap,he thinks the whole roof should be replaced while in warrenty.And if we think that is not enough warrenty work for this team,we try to hitch up and the front legs would not work,tech troubleshoots and finds a blown fuse replace it and the then the motor struggles to lift the trailer.Well he finds the left front leg is slightly bent causing the motor to fight the leg.So we manual extend and manual retract.I do like the manual ratio it does make it not to bad to retract.All in all,the trailer has been good through so far,I mean just like with any engineered device,some thing will fail some were along the road I guess.Oh well we will keep you posted as we progress through are new trailer we call home.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:14 PM   #3

Dometic Breeze II was replaced free of charge by Dometic,took the tech about a 1 1/2.Runs like a champ.The forward support leg was taken out and strighten works good now.As far as the roof goes I can take it to a Camping World and pay for it myself and be reinbursed,or a FR dealership and they will cover the cost FR will.I am leaning toward the factory and just drive up with it and have them replace it.

Tags
forest river, warranty