Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
Probably overkill, but I pull mine with this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forest River Forums mobile app
It's not overkill, I am looking at an F250 upgrade to make the ride a nicer experience.
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #22

We had looked at this model trailer last year and I while I know my Tundra will pull it, I didn't like the idea. Seemed just tad heavy.
John4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIII View Post
We had looked at this model trailer last year and I while I know my Tundra will pull it, I didn't like the idea. Seemed just tad heavy.
Some day I'll go weigh mine... I know my F-250 has no issue pulling it, but I will say that anyone saying their TV pulls it like there's nothing back there is FoS!

So, what year did they change the configuration of these to have a U shaped Dinette and the thinner/Flat Panel style entertainment center? these are the 2 things I wish my '08 had.

after having mine for 6+ years, I finally mounted my Flat Panel TV (26" Panasonic) in the entertainment center. I got tired of boxing it up every time we moved the TT.

bolted it right to the current TV shelf and some eye-bolts with a bungee to keep it from moving around in transit. I also replaced all the coax cable ends and wire up the antenna mast and installed a Jack antenna.

State's we've RVed in
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #24

Looks good
bigdog 616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #25

Bought the 2015 and about to pick up from the dealer. My question is the kitchen table area- what size is the bed? Looks like a queen? Also does anyone know the largest size tv that can be put in that box entertainment system? We bought the 27tdss
Ihoneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:23 AM   #26

The dinette bed is full/double. It is not queen, at least not in the 26tbss.

Also, I think you can get a 24" TV to fit. We put in a 22" and have room to spare. However, remember that you can't use up all the space in there, or else you won't be able to reach the sides of your TV to mount it (if your bracket require it, which most do) or to plug in or unplug devices to the TV.

Just measure the width when you get it and do some research on the specs of the TV you want to buy.
Http://campingkansans.blogspot.com
Jhawkfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #27

I put a 29 inch in the main one and a 26 in the bedroom both fit great
bigdog 616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #28

Thank you so much for your help! The dealer said if we bring them the tv's they will install. So forgot to ask the size needed.
Ihoneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:19 AM   #29
Tina

Water near bathroom door issue??

Hello,

I noticed that there is water leaking on the floor by the wall in the bathroom. Flushed the toilet a million times. lol, not that?? I have a 2013 Wildwood 26tbss. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6294.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	56104   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6292.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	56105  
tbeefitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #30

anyone weigh their 26TBSS?
I'm surprised as to how heavy the tongue is on mine.
the 2 slips are from my truck empty with just my son and I and the other is with the TT, WDH, 4 Bikes, 20 pieces of firewood, a Weber-Q 200 and a 22gallon Blue Tote added. It was full and ready to camp for a week. slip 2 was down about 12 gallons of fuel from the other ticket.

State's we've RVed in
Old 06-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #31

Maybe I am just overlooking something, but the Owners Manual for my 2008 26TBSS makes no reference to how to jack the trailer to change tires. No mention of jack placement or anything. I actually need to replace the tires on mine and was going to take them up to the local tire shop two by two to get them mounted on the rims and balanced.

While searching this and other forums for tips, I found many different opinions on where to jack it (and where not to), so I did what I thought was right and checked the owners manual to find nothing but a section on tire care. My goal is to take two tires off, have them replaced at the local tire shop, bring them back and then do the same for the other two.

The tire shops near me (Kaufmann and Discount) both have very small lots with limited space for maneuvering, so I thought this would be the best approach. Any advise from the owners of these TT's about how best to accomplish this? Any and all advise is welcomed!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbrew View Post
Maybe I am just overlooking something, but the Owners Manual for my 2008 26TBSS makes no reference to how to jack the trailer to change tires. No mention of jack placement or anything. I actually need to replace the tires on mine and was going to take them up to the local tire shop two by two to get them mounted on the rims and balanced.

While searching this and other forums for tips, I found many different opinions on where to jack it (and where not to), so I did what I thought was right and checked the owners manual to find nothing but a section on tire care. My goal is to take two tires off, have them replaced at the local tire shop, bring them back and then do the same for the other two.

The tire shops near me (Kaufmann and Discount) both have very small lots with limited space for maneuvering, so I thought this would be the best approach. Any advise from the owners of these TT's about how best to accomplish this? Any and all advise is welcomed!
At home, I just use a 3 ton floor jack under the axle I need to get a wheel off of. On the side of the road, the jack for my F-250 does the trick. I've never had more than one wheel off at a time.

State's we've RVed in
Old 07-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #33

Quote:

Lay down boards/blocks and with your TV hooked up pull one tire on each side up onto them and take the other 2 tires off then reverse the process for the other two.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #34

Thanks guys! A friend of mine is letting me use one of his spare 15"wheels, so I am going to use a bottle jack under the end of one axle (between the u bolts), take the tire off and put on the borrowed tire and then jack the other axle end up and take both tires to the local tire shop to have new tires mounted and balanced. Then I'll do the same for the other side.

I was hoping to put on Marathons, but Goodyear only makes the Marathons up to a C load range for the 205 75R15. Carlisle makes a radial with a load range of D that would give me the extra "buffer" over the GVWR, but I am unsure about the Carlisle tires. I will be doing some review reading! Afterall, they might be great tires as long as they are properly inflated, speed kept to 65 and the weight not maxed out.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:10 AM   #35

Quote:
Thanks guys! A friend of mine is letting me use one of his spare 15"wheels, so I am going to use a bottle jack under the end of one axle (between the u bolts), take the tire off and put on the borrowed tire and then jack the other axle end up and take both tires to the local tire shop to have new tires mounted and balanced. Then I'll do the same for the other side.

I was hoping to put on Marathons, but Goodyear only makes the Marathons up to a C load range for the 205 75R15. Carlisle makes a radial with a load range of D that would give me the extra "buffer" over the GVWR, but I am unsure about the Carlisle tires. I will be doing some review reading! Afterall, they might be great tires as long as they are properly inflated, speed kept to 65 and the weight not maxed out.
I suggest you go with Maxxis tires. went with 'E' so had to get rims also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Maxxum Tires and rims.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	57106  
Old 07-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #36

Did everyone else's 26TBSS come with five bias ply tires??? I don't want to immediately go out and buy five radial tires but I don't like bias ply for this rig. What are all of you doing with your bias ply tires if you have them?
Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #37

My 4 tires on my 2011 26TBSS(my unit did not come with a spare &#128550 came with nitrogen filled bias ply tires.
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #38

My 2013 26TBSS came with 'C' rated radials which are rated to barely cover the weight of the TT and at 50# of air felt mushy when towing, I took it camping one time then went and had them (and the rims) replaced with 'E' rated (80#) Maxxis (scroll up to previous post for photo).
Old 07-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #39

Whoa! Didn't even think I might not get radials on my camper. I'm going to have to double check. I will say that last summer we had a problem with an axel (or hub) being misaligned at the factory. We rode one tire bald on the way to Rushmore, and another on the way home. FR paid to replace all 5 tires. So now I have no idea what it came with. But I'm going to find out what the repair shop "sold me".
Http://campingkansans.blogspot.com
Jhawkfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #40

I guarantee you they will be bias ply.

Tags
26tbss