Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #1

Forum for 26TBSS Owners

I wanted to create a forum specifically for 26TBSS owners. Any and all comments, questions, answers are welcome. I own a 2011 and we love it.
Ensminger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If they made a model specific section for one they would have to do it for all and that my friend would be a loooooong loooooong list .

I think your stuck in the general wildwood section
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #3

I here ya but I figure people can find the thread if they search for the model so what the heck. Nice fifth wheel, one of those will probably be our next RV. I'm getting a diesel pickup when the Tahoe dies. Any recommendations on diesels?
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

IM a chevy man thru and thru so THAT would be my recommendation !
did you see my photo album ?

oh and thanks for the "nice 5th wheel" we absolutely love it !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #5

Just checked them out. Pretty sweet, the outside slide out TV mount is just sick! I love the outdoor kitchens too. We looked at a TT with one but I've got 3 girls so I needed a triple bunker and it was not an option. This is our first TT and we're enjoying it. Going to 4 NASCAR races this season, first on is this weekend in Martinsville, VA.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #6

We bought one six weeks ago but we don't have it yet...had to order. Fell in love with it at a rv show. Some delay with a steel shortage or something is setting back the delivery date till the last week of April. Sucks but I guess worth the wait!
jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #7

@jking I think you will enjoy it. We have 3 girls and it is a lot of fun for the whole family. Very easy to pull and maneuver and nice privacy up front for mom and dad. A 26 inch flat screen fits perfect in the swivel. Our first RV but seems to have decent build quality for a reasonable price. Any questions about it?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #8

What kind of mount did you get for your tv and can you run the tv through the surround sound
Old 03-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #9

I used a mounting plate without a swing arm for the TV. First I mounted a small plywood square to the swivel about 8x8 inches with multiple wood screws because the swivel is only fiberboard and the mount only uses 4 screws. I then attached the mount to the plywood and it is sturdy. I got a 2 piece mount where one piece stays attached to the TV and the other to the swivel and when I set up, I just hang the Tv on the mount. Yes you can run the TV through the surround. Simply look at the audio out adapter on your Tv, usually an RCA type of plug and go to radio shack or best buy to get an adapter cable that has the Tv style adapter on one end and a standard stereo adapter on the other to plug into the built in music system(this is like the plug for Walkman headphones and there is a port for it on the front of the entertainment unit below the TV). This is nice also because if you have satellite, you can tune to a music channel and turn the outside speakers on to have music outside the RV when grilling, etc. I will try to post some pics for you to see the setup.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #10

Do you have any issues pulling it with your Tahoe?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #11

Yes, although my Tahoe is rated for 7900 lbs, it is a farce. It does OK on flat ground but struggles on inclines. I have no problems braking with the electric brakes and brake-box but my next truck will definitely be a diesel. The Tahoe has 150K miles so I won't get crap on a trade in so I'm gonna run it until it dies but then will get a diesel Pickup which will give me the option to upgrade to fifth wheel in the future. Gonna post those pics of the TV setup and wire for running sound through the built in speaker system.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #12

TV Setup 1

Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #13

Old 03-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #14

Thanks! I have a 2005 Silverado crew cab. I plan on towing to Myrtle Beach this year from Indiana. I know that the truck will be working but I baby when I tow. Never go above 65 and I don't try to win races going uphill.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #15

I love mine... Bought a 2011 (colour: coffee) and receive a 2012 (colour: stone). They fix it and now I have a 2012 (colour: coffee) that is no more avaible. Installed the TV. Same setup as Ensminger. Got a U dinette!
Badie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #16

I posted on another thread that it looks like mine has a piece of plywood between the 2 layers in the swivel. Can one of you give me a depth measurement on that so I can compare with mine?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo May 21, 12 16 52 PM.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	14230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo May 21, 12 21 09 PM.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	14231  
Jhawkfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #17

Tried out our new camper last week and the heat would turn on and run fine. It would shut off and after awhile when the camper would call for heat agian, it would turn on run and after a minute or two it would start a clicking noise up by the air conditioner. Anyone have a similar problem with a 14 wildwood 26tbss. Or know why this is happening?
Jdavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensminger View Post
Yes, although my Tahoe is rated for 7900 lbs, it is a farce. It does OK on flat ground but struggles on inclines. I have no problems braking with the electric brakes and brake-box but my next truck will definitely be a diesel. The Tahoe has 150K miles so I won't get crap on a trade in so I'm gonna run it until it dies but then will get a diesel Pickup which will give me the option to upgrade to fifth wheel in the future. Gonna post those pics of the TV setup and wire for running sound through the built in speaker system.
I too have a 26TBSS. I pull it with a 2005 F150 5.4 Triton with 3.73 gears. Flat surfaces it is fine, when I hit the Pocono Mts it cries all the way up the inclines, drops into 2 gear and the rpms hit about 4000 tillI level out. Yes, the suction from all the gas being sucked into the engine creates a vortex to a different dimension.
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
I too have a 26TBSS. I pull it with a 2005 F150 5.4 Triton with 3.73 gears. Flat surfaces it is fine, when I hit the Pocono Mts it cries all the way up the inclines, drops into 2 gear and the rpms hit about 4000 tillI level out. Yes, the suction from all the gas being sucked into the engine creates a vortex to a different dimension.
One word.....Toyota!

I had a F150 super crew 5.4 triton and it would scream on hills pulling our old pop-up (12' Jayco).

If you've ever been to Ricketts Glen state park you probably know about "the hill".
My 5.7 sequoia pulls our family of 7 and our 26 TBSS up that hill, and anywhere else, with power to spare.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonDocker View Post
One word.....Toyota!

I had a F150 super crew 5.4 triton and it would scream on hills pulling our old pop-up (12' Jayco).

If you've ever been to Ricketts Glen state park you probably know about "the hill".
My 5.7 sequoia pulls our family of 7 and our 26 TBSS up that hill, and anywhere else, with power to spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post

Probably overkill, but I pull mine with this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400268139630.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	52556  

State's we've RVed in
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26tbss