Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2019, 10:18 PM   #1

Furnace changes settings

Hi

I have a 2018 Wildwood T27TD55 and the furnace changes the temperature that I set it for, air conditioning will come on for no reason. We are having cooler weather so I have the furnace set at 24 C the fan set at Auto and the cool set at 18C . One time the temp changed to 90 c A couple times the air conditioning comes on. When I check the setting they have changed to strange settings. Example heat to 4 c. Any information will be appreciated thanks
Cooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #2

Digital T-Stat or "slide bar" type for temp adjust?

I would check wiring connections behind the T-Stat as a starting point. Chances are wires are connected with a crimp butt connector. Give each connection a tug just to make sure that the connections are sound.

That's a starting point. Next could be a faulty T-stat.

Might give mfr of that device a call and see if their customer service has an answer.

Usually these either work, or they don't.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:25 PM   #3

If it's the touch screen thermostat, just get a different one, they seem to be junk.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooki View Post
Hi

I have a 2018 Wildwood T27TD55 and the furnace changes the temperature that I set it for, air conditioning will come on for no reason. We are having cooler weather so I have the furnace set at 24 C the fan set at Auto and the cool set at 18C . One time the temp changed to 90 c A couple times the air conditioning comes on. When I check the setting they have changed to strange settings. Example heat to 4 c. Any information will be appreciated thanks
Can't explain the thermostat changing itself off the top of my head, but I think there is a potential problem with your settings. If the furnace is trying to maintain 24 C and the air conditioner 18 C it could be trying to call for both at the same time when the temp is between 19 and 23 C, the air conditioner trying to cool it down to 18 and the furnace trying to warm it up to 24. I'm not sure what that would do. Below 18 it should only be calling for heat and above 24 it should only be calling for cooling, but in what most would consider the "comfort zone" it would try to do both. I'm guessing since there is only one thermostat whichever responds first is what runs, but it is just that, a guess. But it could explain the AC coming on randomly if the AC activated first.

Usually the air conditioning temperature is set higher than the furnace temperature, say AC to 25 C and furnace to 22 C. Above 25 the AC kicks on and below 22 the furnace kicks on. From 22-25 neither are called for.
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:05 AM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis and Julie View Post
If it's the touch screen thermostat, just get a different one, they seem to be junk.

This. Is it Dometic’s capacitive touch thermostat?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4598.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	210316

It’s haunted like you describe. They SUCK. 1/2 the time it mysteriously changed. The other 1/2 the time it doesn’t register finger presses. And the other 1/2 the time it acts like you pressed it a million times.

Dometic really dropped the ball on this one.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:42 AM   #6

We replaced ours with this one. https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-Condi...x=domet&sr=8-2
Didn't pay that much, got the last one our local dealer had as they aren't carrying it anymore.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:57 PM   #7

I took the cover off mine and just push the nubs inside. The left one for the modes and the two on the right to raise or lower temp. The cover mashes both nubs at the same time and changes it from F to C. The cover is the problem and is poorly made.
Jnlcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace