Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
I know you don't want to hear it, but these are not high end units. I'm glad they are replacing yours, but don't set your expectations too high. You might want to be thinking of a conventional blu ray unit to add in.
I am not expection high end sound from this unit. You see, I traded a 2016 TT with the same furrion system in it in on the 2017 Heritage Glen 272RL because we needed more room. So you see, I already know what it is supposed to sound like. Mine is defective, I just want it to work as intended.
BTW: Did I mention that Furrion has agreed (based on my description) to replace the head? They have intimated that they will replace the speakers as well if the head doesn’t correct the issue. The speakers are also furrion.
Nogrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #22

are you going to plan an eventual upgrade to the speakers ? I love my music...LOUD....when I can and not disturb other campers, but these speakers just won't cut it. I'm researching for new ones to throw in next spring and a possible receiver. Alas...I'm also one that likes the background music outside so it needs to be something with a dual zone. My goal....a 36 foot long...4 wheeled...BOOM BOX.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
are you going to plan an eventual upgrade to the speakers ? I love my music...LOUD....when I can and not disturb other campers, but these speakers just won't cut it. I'm researching for new ones to throw in next spring and a possible receiver. Alas...I'm also one that likes the background music outside so it needs to be something with a dual zone. My goal....a 36 foot long...4 wheeled...BOOM BOX.
Me too. You know what they say- if it's too loud, blah blah blah. Same here on the speaker upgrade. I've been thinking probably JBLs. My brother-in-law is the Chief Engineer at Capitol Records in Hollywood, and they use JBLs for their studio monitors. Of course they're different, but the quality will still be there as will the excellent sound. Haven't decided on how I'm going to replace the existing receiver since the one in my RV is 12V. But I'll probably go with an Onkyo or something in that class. Sorry to hijack your thread Nogrey!
RangeMaggotBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #24

Wahoo, I finally got the Jensen VX-7020A surround sound and remote control to work. I pressed the reset on the front panel and diddled with the equalizer, fader and woofer settings and bingo the speakers began working, funny thing is that I hardly made a change. The battery clip in the remote control is a weird design unlike any I've seen for coin batteries so the factory inserted the battery over the top of the side clip instead of under the side clip for '+' contact. Yeah the speakers are mediocre but they do work.
bbillp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #25

First time out mine did not work like it should. Dealer replaced it, now it works perfect. Have had no other concerns with it for over a year now.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote