Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2017, 11:53 PM   #1

Furrion 3100 Sound System Woes....

Hello all: My 2017 Wildwood Heritage Glen 272RL came with a 2 zone furrion 3100 sound system. For lack of better words, it sucks. Sound crackles and pops at any sound level that is reasonably discernable, DVD player tears picture etc. To make matters worse, the folks at Camping world tell me “That’s just how it is” and “you need to replace the (brand new) speakers because they’re crap”. Etc. Multiple, (as in many) emails and calls to Furrion have gone completely unanswered. Camping World won’t help. Needless to say, I’m very frustrated with the whole thing. I enjoy my music. I enjoy my DVD’s. One of the reason’s we chose the 272RL was the “theater” (choking) system. I’d feel better about the whole thing if I didn’t feel as though I was being totally ignored by Camping World and Furrion. I’m really at a loss here folks. Is the only answer really for me to replace the system myself?
My apologies. I’m a little frustrated and depressed about the lack of support from the vendors on this matter. I’d really welcome a phone call or email...any kind of response from them. I’m pretty dissappointed by this whole experience.
Nogrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:37 AM   #2

If there is a car audio shop near you, pick their brains. Tell them the situation, and the symptoms. It should be under warranty, and they may be able to help with warranty work. Or, at least give you some good advice.
Worst case, threaten the dealer to return the unit to their lot and refuse to pay for it.
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 AM   #3

You have a Yogo...and you're expecting a Maserati. If you want a "Good" system, You're going to have to build it yourself. These are basic units at best. I have the Furion in my 2018 Cherokee and no, it's not concert hall sound, but it does ok. I'll upgrade it next year maybe with a better system.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
You have a Yogo...and you're expecting a Maserati. If you want a "Good" system, You're going to have to build it yourself. These are basic units at best. I have the Furion in my 2018 Cherokee and no, it's not concert hall sound, but it does ok. I'll upgrade it next year maybe with a better system.
I think you meant to say “Yugo”, but I get the gyst, and you’re wrong. I don’t have a Yugo. I have a brand new sound system that is supposed to at least be able to play a video without tearing the displayed image and perhaps some music without popping and crackling. That part where you said yours “sounds OK”, well, mine doesn’t. There’s something wrong with it and I was looking for help with a solution, not sarcasm. I’ve already upgraded By adding a 5.1 surround theater solution, but that doesn’t change my desire for the basic sound system that I paid good money for to be able to play a little music, inside and outside, the way it is supposed to.
I try very hard in all the forums that I participate in to provide only factual and helpful information that actually answers the question the originator asked. Unfortunately, not everyone makes that same attempt.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrtrucker View Post
If there is a car audio shop near you, pick their brains. Tell them the situation, and the symptoms. It should be under warranty, and they may be able to help with warranty work. Or, at least give you some good advice.
Worst case, threaten the dealer to return the unit to their lot and refuse to pay for it.
Thanks for the car shop suggestion. I could fix this thing myself if I wanted to invest the money, but I really feel strongly that this is something the warranty should cover.
I was able to get ahold of the furrion company today and they have offered to replace the system free of charge. Something I wish the dealer would have offered to do instead of just saying “sorry, they just sound that way” and blowing me off. I am not finished with the dealer yet. Problem with the suggestion to not pay for the unit is that I’ve already paid for it. I intend to make life miserable for them until they do something about their lousy service though.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:45 AM   #6

I'm glad that Furrion will stand behind their product. You might want to let them know about the lousy representation they are getting from Forest River. Forest River is giving Furrion a bad reputation by blowing off customer complaints.
Good luck, and enjoy the new sound system.
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:11 AM   #7

I'm glad you're getting it taken care of. Nothing worse than laying out big bucks and something not working. Good luck with Furrion. Now here's where you made your first mistake: (Don't get offended now!)NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CAMPING WORLD! They are the worst! They are the worst when it comes to service and the worst there is to buy an RV from. I hope everything else is working ok.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:01 AM   #8
Who Dares, Wins

I am glad you could actually get ahold of Furion for the repair. My radio has never worked right and after 2 months of emails and phone calls going unanswered I moved on. While FR might be the person to contact (or should be the place) for warranty repairs I have always had better luck reaching out to the manufacturer to get warranty stuff. Some of these brands they use are so out there this can be hard to track down contact info but when I have they have generally stood behind their work.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeMaggotBob View Post
I'm glad you're getting it taken care of. Nothing worse than laying out big bucks and something not working. Good luck with Furrion. Now here's where you made your first mistake: (Don't get offended now!)NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CAMPING WORLD! They are the worst! They are the worst when it comes to service and the worst there is to buy an RV from. I hope everything else is working ok.
No offense taken. You couldn't be more correct about camping world. We are actually enjoying the trailer, but camping world has made service a non possibility.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Warranty....take it in...get it fixed.
Hmm....apparently you didn't comprehend my original post. Thanks anyway.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:02 AM   #11

From what I've read here on the forum over the past couple of years, your experience with Furrion is pretty normal. They step up and replace defective units, it's just too bad that there are so many defective units to replace. Our Furrion unit refuses to play SD cards and "humms" loudly when our Fantastic fan is turned on so I understand your unhappiness! I'm afraid these units are sub-par but they work for some folks.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
Hmm....apparently you didn't comprehend my original post. Thanks anyway.
when working with these dealer....sometimes you have to force the issue. That's all I'm saying. FR dealer was playing games with me on getting my additional warranty work done. I dropped it at their front door...late in the evening...and I mean..."At their Front door." Sucks...but it worked.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:18 AM   #13

Quote:
when working with these dealer....sometimes you have to force the issue. That's all I'm saying. FR dealer was playing games with me on getting my additional warranty work done. I dropped it at their front door...late in the evening...and I mean..."At their Front door." Sucks...but it worked.
Funny, I thought about doing just that: leaving it at their front door. Thing is, camping world would just get one of their rigs to pull it away and stick it in the mud in their back lot, which is pretty much the way they handle all their service. I'm finding that my big mistake was in buying a Forest River product from Camping world. Both companies are for crap in my opinion. I hate fighting with them and spending all this energy when I should be enjoying my purchase, and really, I don't have the time. I figure the cost of lawyering up would exceed the cost of just trading the unit at another dealership for something worth having.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
Funny, I thought about doing just that: leaving it at their front door. Thing is, camping world would just get one of their rigs to pull it away and stick it in the mud in their back lot, which is pretty much the way they handle all their service. I'm finding that my big mistake was in buying a Forest River product from Camping world. Both companies are for crap in my opinion. I hate fighting with them and spending all this energy when I should be enjoying my purchase, and really, I don't have the time. I figure the cost of lawyering up would exceed the cost of just trading the unit at another dealership for something worth having.
I'm picking up what you're putting down Bud....it's not right, but it's what we're stuck dealing with...for now anyway.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #15

sound system

Maybe someone here can help me, I have the Jensen 2010 dash radio and Furion TV, Surround sound speakers are in the roof and a big box woofer off to the side but I can't figure out what it is connected to, the dash Jensen or the TV. The TV has Audio cables coming in and out and they must go somewhere but where ? There are no visible boxes other than the 2 TVs and the Jensen dash radio (which also sucks) .... I turned on the Jensen audio aux 1 and aux 2 input but the screen reports 'no input', ugh, Thanks for your help ....

BTW I've had the rig a while but was too busy fixing all the factory defects and making the dinette more comfortable with a new design, the audio system was at the end of my list.
bbillp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #16

Furrion systems are the bomb... meaning they should just explode.
junk with a capital T for TRASH. RCA cables went out in the 90's when that new thing component video cables came in.
then someone invented that new found thing called HDMI. Furrion hasn't heard of that yet though.
I'm used to a better Jensen system which I cannot even swap my "F" word system out for due to connection incompatibility.
lowest cost systems to increase bottom dollar profits...
Old 09-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #17

Furion Flat Screen and HDMI

Just a note but the Furion flat screen in this 2016 Sunseeker does have HDMI input and sound/audio input. I use it with a Lumix G7 camera and HDMI connector to preview photos.
bbillp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:05 PM   #18

I know you don't want to hear it, but these are not high end units. I'm glad they are replacing yours, but don't set your expectations too high. You might want to be thinking of a conventional blu ray unit to add in.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #19

If you are looking for any quality in your audio/visual system, you will have to upgrade. I installed a VIZIO 5.1 home theater system with an optical cable running from the old sound system and a HDMI (arc) cable from the TV. If I want to stream music, it does Bluetooth and a lot of other connections.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerjjm View Post
If you are looking for any quality in your audio/visual system, you will have to upgrade. I installed a VIZIO 5.1 home theater system with an optical cable running from the old sound system and a HDMI (arc) cable from the TV. If I want to stream music, it does Bluetooth and a lot of other connections.
Exactly what I have done! BUT.....I still want the original functionality of the 2 zone system. Sometimes, a little background music outside is just what I’m looking for. It’s sometimes difficult to describe with words how sound is. I’m really just attempting to get the furrion system to where it should be. You see, I traded a 2016 TT with the same furrion system in it in on the 2017 Heritage Glen 272RL because we needed more room. So you see, I already know what it is supposed to sound like. Mine is defective, I just want it to work as intended.
BTW: Did I mention that Furrion has agreed (based on my description) to replace the head? They have intimated that they will replace the speakers as well if the head doesn’t correct the issue. The speakers are also furrion.