Old 10-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #1

Gas to Oven & Stove

Ugggg...we are camping for the weekend. Our oven & stove was working fine until today. We get the pilot & eyes lit but they wonít stay lit. Weíve tried full tanks of gas and still same issue. Please help! Thanks so much!!!

plh869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:36 AM   #2

I don't understand what "eyes" are but if you are saying the burners are not staying lit then I would suspect the regulator on the propane system. If you are only talking about the oven then I would suspect the thermocouple is not generating enough power to hold the gas valve open.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #3
Head Rambler

Around here stove top burners are commonly called 'eyes'.

I suspect that you have a failing regulator as well.
Will the furnace run?
Will the water heater run on propane?

Most local RV stores will have regulators in stock if you need one quickly. Most LP dealers will have them as well. Just make sure you get a high flow model and not a grill regulator.

While not strictly required in this situation, it usually helps to know the model of the RV and appliance we're dealing with.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #4

Thanks so much for your advice!! So sorry about my verbiage. My southern slang is showing! We replaced a tank that was three quarters full with a full one and moved it to the other side. We are guessing the line on one side is the problem. It should have worked with that much gas in it. It worked fine on the other side. We will check the regulator suggestion! Could the line be the problem since it is working fine on the other side? Thanks again for all of your advice and input! Itís much needed and very appreciated!!
Old 10-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #5

Oh and weíve got a 2014 Wildwood DBUD
Old 10-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by plh869 View Post
Thanks so much for your advice!! So sorry about my verbiage. My southern slang is showing! We replaced a tank that was three quarters full with a full one and moved it to the other side. We are guessing the line on one side is the problem. It should have worked with that much gas in it. It worked fine on the other side. We will check the regulator suggestion! Could the line be the problem since it is working fine on the other side? Thanks again for all of your advice and input! Itís much needed and very appreciated!!
It does sound like the pigtail might be the problem and not the regulator if things worked as they should when you shifted tanks. Learned something new from this thread "eyes" are burners Great!
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #7

Quote:

The valve could be the problem. The ACME valves have safety features built in that can fail.

Here's some good info on them:

The RV Doctor: Not Your Father's Pigtail!
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #8
Head Rambler

Quote:
...We replaced a tank that was three quarters full with a full one and moved it to the other side. We are guessing the line on one side is the problem. It should have worked with that much gas in it. It worked fine on the other side. We will check the regulator suggestion! Could the line be the problem since it is working fine on the other side? Thanks again for all of your advice and input! Itís much needed and very appreciated!!
This tells me that the pigtail on the side that's not working is bad.

Tags
gas