Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2016, 07:31 PM   #1

Generator for 2003 Wildwood

I want to purchase a generator for my travel trailer to operate it in case of emergency shelter. It has a 30 amp system with a/c,propane heat,refridge,electric(propane) water heater and all the other normal stuff,nothing extra. I was thinking of the Honda Generators but am unsure what size I need. I want the quiet generator and I know you can use parallel cables to connect them. What wattage would I need?
hldurham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:14 AM   #2

I saved a small fortune over a Honda by buying Boliy 3000 watt continuous (3600 watt surge) inverter generator. Very quiet, affordable, and reliable and about $1000 shipped for 3k watts.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:32 AM   #3
Site Team

If you want a paralleled set, then two 2000w inverter generators would be a standard choice.
Honda, Yamaha, Kipor and Champion are the most popular and time tested
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #4

I bought a Champion 3100wt gen from HomeDepot, was under $900 and ran everything on my trailer great. a little louder then my dads Honda 3000.

it has wheels as well and only weights about 80lbs.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:54 PM   #5
Gold Miner At Heart

I purchased two Honda 2000 with the parallel kit years ago. This is why I like them. 1. Very Quiet. 2. If just running lights or wanting to charge the battery and you have the parallel kit you only have to start one of the generators instead of both and you can alternate each time, but if you want to run the air conditioner you can start both. 3. they only weigh 46Lbs each so you can lift one at a time instead of trying to lift a 3000 which is 134Lbs; it may not seem like much difference now but the older you get the harder it is. 4. I can hook up my fifth wheel and still have room to carry each 2000; one on either side at my tailgate. 5. I find more uses around the house when I'm not camping to use them; building things or I can put one on the front rack of my ATV and take it in the woods. Best purchase you'll ever make.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Boliy gen----------------

I too have a Boliy 3000 watt, Great generator @ 68#. I converted mine to
use a external tank. It can be purchased with remote start and Electric start.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:32 PM   #7
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-t View Post
I purchased two Honda 2000 with the parallel kit years ago. This is why I like them. 1. Very Quiet. 2. If just running lights or wanting to charge the battery and you have the parallel kit you only have to start one of the generators instead of both and you can alternate each time, but if you want to run the air conditioner you can start both. 3. they only weigh 46Lbs each so you can lift one at a time instead of trying to lift a 3000 which is 134Lbs; it may not seem like much difference now but the older you get the harder it is. 4. I can hook up my fifth wheel and still have room to carry each 2000; one on either side at my tailgate. 5. I find more uses around the house when I'm not camping to use them; building things or I can put one on the front rack of my ATV and take it in the woods. Best purchase you'll ever make.
X2
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, wildwood