Old 03-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
HDTV reception is great in our Wildwood LE 39BHSS

We just bought a lightly pre-owned Wildwood LE 39BHSS. We just love it! The floorplan is fantastic, the features are just perfect, and the interior is blue, my favorite color.

Best of all, it seems to off-gas very little, which is not the case with almost all new trailers, and many other late model ones we checked out. I am sensitive to fumes and odors, but had no problem with this unit. The original owners had it fully tricked-out and paid extra for cabinet upgrades and other interior upgrades, which may mean less offgassing.

So, we tried it out this past weekend. And, in advance, we bought a 19" SAMSUNG LCD HDTV at Circuit City to use for TV in the trailer.

We have our TT parked way out in the boonies in FL, with lots of live oak trees around us. Expected to get NOTHING on the TV antenna. Boy, were we surprised!

The Winegard crank-up antenna that came with this TT is awesome. We picked up all kinds of stations and about 9 or 10 were eye-popping HDTV stations. The picture and sound were incredible. After doing some research, I have come to find out that these Winegard antennas are REALLY good and have great signal reception.

But, many people may not know that they need to get an HDTV-capable TV to pick up these free over-the-air HDTV channels. And, you only need a 15" or 17" or 19" LCD TV - anything bigger than 23" is probably too big! We picked up our SAMSUNG for $429 and are very happy with the picture, the sound, and also the TV tuner.

To be sure, the tuner on the SAMSUNG may also be a big factor in our great reception, coupled with an excellent Winegard antenna. The exact model is the Samsung LNT1953H 19" LCD HDTV, if you are interested. Check it out on Amazon or other similar sites.

More later on our new-to-us Wildwood LE. Happy trails.

walk_the_walk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
glad you like your tv and LE

we just got a new wildwood le 29bhbs, taking to beach this weekend. we hope we like it. it has lots of room and storage. the bathroom a bit small, and minimal counter space but we knew that when we bought it. it has nice dinette, extra bunk/jack knife couches, flip tv feature, and is much more that we have ever considered having for camping. we are use to tents, popups, and HTT, all which were fun and nice too.

wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Are you sure that you are receiving HDTV signals? Winegard specifically sells HD antennas. Do you know what type of signal you are receiving? STD (standard) signals are usually 420p. HDTV increases the data to 720i, 720p, 1080i or 1080p. Your HDTV might be able to handle HDTV signals but I doubt that your "old" Winegard Antenna is doing the job you think it is.

Good luck
jndbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
My plain Winegard is picking up HD.
Pete (Jolly Mon)

2014 Jayco Whitehawk 24 RBS
2004 Nissan Titan LE, 4x4
Equal-i-zer hitch
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote

tv reception, wildwood