Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2019, 07:10 PM   #21

First off I've NEVER heard of a return in the bathroom, that's just dumber than dumb. Second try using a hair drier on fan setting and blow air through the vent in question. If it's connected to either the AC or furnace you'll get air coming out one of the other vents.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fix View Post
Hi Cavie,
Yes, I had multiple concerns with this. One being the humidity Two being the possible odors that may be created in the bathroom. And, three being that with the floor plan design it has, the bathroom door needs to be closed almost all the time because it opens into a hallway. This is one of the things I am thinking about changing. At first I was thinking about putting a vent in the door to improve airflow. But, now considering bringing the return out into the stairway (to the loft)which is right on the other side of the wall from the furnace. I'll have to look it over when I get it back from the dealer. But, yes, a horrible design.. we love the rest of the camper though... :-)

Get one of these cheap duct cameras and take a peak. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6845.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	195597
Old 01-28-2019, 08:27 PM   #23
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Here's a pic of the grill in his bathroom. It DOES look like return air to me. PHEW!!

I have several of those vents in my TT, and yes, one is in the bathroom floor. The small 4" x 8" vent in your pic will not allow enough return air volume through to the furnace. My furnace return vent is a 18" x 24" panel at the bottom of the kitchen sink cabinet. The panel on the right side of your picture looks like my return air vent. The return air vent on Suburban furnaces must be at a minimum of 55 sq. in., some installations have larger square inch returns. See "Return Air" on pg #16 of the attached service manual.

My furnace is the SF-30Q and all hot air ducting is installed in the floor like the setup on pg #17 of the Service Manual.

Mr Fix, the 4" round vent is the rear vent for your breaker/fuse panel/converter, the lower portion of face panel the front vent.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Suburban Furnace Service Manual.pdf (4.92 MB, 20 views)
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #24

Well, if there is any odor, you could always turn on the fantastic fan that is right above the toilet.
At least that is one rule in our house, you go #2, turn on the fan. Another is, when you take a shower, turn on the fan.

And yes, the return air is not the little heat vent on the floor, but the larger opening to the right of the shower.

Tags
vent