Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #1

Help! Blew fuse on power front stabilizer

I sure could use some help here. I have a 2015 Wildwood 241QBXL. While checking out the wiring I accidentally blew the fuse on the front power stabilizers. I can't find where the fuse/breaker is. Can anyone help an old guy?

Thanks,
Bob
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #2

Usually in the power distribution center.....check fuses visually, don't rely on the red led indicator
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:12 PM   #3

Fuse blown front stabilizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Usually in the power distribution center.....check fuses visually, don't rely on the red led indicator
Thanks for replying. I actually did check all the fuses there with a fuse tester and they all came back as good. I took the switch apart on the outside of the trailer thinking there might be a fuse behind it and found none. I then took the electrical box off behind the switch inside the storage area and again didn't find a fuse. I'm kind of stuck at this point.

Bob
Old 07-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #4

Another place there is usually fuses or mini-breaker is underneath trailer near tongue....if you see one of these press small black button to re-set.....
Attached Images

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Another place there is usually fuses or mini-breaker is underneath trailer near tongue....if you see one of these press small black button to re-set.....
Thanks for the tip. Actually there IS one of those in the box behind the switch but there is no reset button. Also...there is no power going into that breaker so the problem must be in a breaker or fuse before that.

Bob
Old 07-14-2015, 11:41 AM   #6

Help blew fuse on front power stabilizer

Hi, we have a Hemisphere Lite and did the same thing. Don't know if you have a similar set up but ours was in the front compartment. There is black plastic which the wires go through but it's not solid so you can get to the wires. It was in there about half way across. Hope you find it soon.
valb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #7

Front jacks

There is a fuse in the black plastic cable cover in the top of the front compartment on our Hemisphere.
valb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #8

A FIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by valb76 View Post
There is a fuse in the black plastic cable cover in the top of the front compartment on our Hemisphere.
Thanks to everyone who responded. I spoke to the dealer today (never got a call back from the Wildwood factory). He told us areas to look for the fuse (under the dinette or in the panel under the refrigerator or behind the kitchen panels). So far no fuses were found but we're still looking.

The dealer also suggested to see if the remote control would operate the front stabilizers. We had never used the remote so locating it and figuring out how to use it took some time. BUT...it worked! The remote operates it perfectly. I now suspect the switch has gone bad but I'll talk to the dealer about that tomorrow. It's under warranty so they'll send us a new switch if necessary.

Thanks to all, you've all been very helpful.
OldBob
Old 07-14-2015, 10:49 PM   #9

Fuses

By the way we finally found the fuses. They are in a hidden panel on the floor level under the sink and slightly left. Finally!

OldBob
Old 11-29-2016, 12:33 PM   #10

Wildwood 241 QBXL

Thanks OldBob!! I called the dealer, called Forest River and never got the info I needed. The fuse for the stablizer jack switches was under the sink to the left just as you said!!! (Had to pull out the lower drawer to see it.)

Got an auto-reset 20amp fuse to replace the blown on. Problem solved.

(And of course, I found out the the REMOTE will raise the jacks if the switch fuse is blown... sigh)
Sundancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Thanks OldBob!! I called the dealer, called Forest River and never got the info I needed. The fuse for the stablizer jack switches was under the sink to the left just as you said!!! (Had to pull out the lower drawer to see it.)

Got an auto-reset 20amp fuse to replace the blown on. Problem solved.

(And of course, I found out the the REMOTE will raise the jacks if the switch fuse is blown... sigh)
GREAT! Happy to have been some help and glad you got it working.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS

Tags
fuse, power