Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2015, 04:37 PM   #1

Help, please on myRV Linc Pad-Heritage Glen 282RK

I'm trying to learn all the LincPad is supposed to do including control the slides, awning, exterior light, tank monitor and stabilizer jacks. I've found my way around most of the applications on this tablet and have watched a youtube video. From what I can determine, the control panel is not installed on this tablet. If it is, I can not find it. Is this something which should have been pre loaded onto the tablet or do I have to download the control panel from somewhere? The wifi ap is loaded and I have that set up. The Lippert components manuals and videos are loaded. The browser, email and other pertinent icons are loaded. I'm totally lost! Can anyone help a first time user of the LincPad? If there is a thread on this subject, please direct me. Please, and thank you!......Cherryl

2016 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 282RK
2015 Chevy Silverado
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650

RoyandCherryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:36 PM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

The control panel only shows up when you are in range of the linc hub. The range can be somewhat limited, like only a few feet at times.

If you take the tablet and plug it into the mount with the charger cable hooked up you should see the control panel no problem....you will run into issues seeing the control panel when you are trying to use the table over wifi.

Let us know if it works when it is plugged in
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:38 AM   #3
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyandCherryl View Post
I'm trying to learn all the LincPad is supposed to do including control the slides, awning, exterior light, tank monitor and stabilizer jacks.
Wut!

Camping (RVing) just got a whole lot more complicated!

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:27 AM   #4

Thank you jgourlie! Yes, the control panel shows up when docked in the wall mount (which is directly above the monitor control panel on the wall). So, the hub, where is it? Perhaps in the bathroom closet space behind a panel? It certainly seems useless to use a gadget which is positioned in close proximity to a device which replicates what the gadget is supposed to do.

FR certainly does not give you adequate information for inquiring minds. Operating and maintenance manuals were non existent with the exception of the microwave and stove. (We only recently, after two months of having this unit, received all the manuals (online or otherwise). And that was because we insisted. There is much beyond appliances to maintain.

2015 Chevy Silverado
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650

Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 AM   #5

Post #3 and the last sentence of Post #4 says it ALL! When you have Tablets operating your units CAMPING just went Out the Door! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:24 AM   #6

Sadly, kandl and youroo, you are correct. The days of backpacking on a motorcycle for a cross country trip are over for us. Vehicles of all kinds have too many gadgets and distractions from their intended purpose. We don't camp any longer, we leave our home base taking those things to which we have become accustomed with us. Camping as we knew it growing up are mere memories for many. We do still see some young families and even some older generations in the forests and state parks beginning or continuing their journey. Perhaps they will pass on this soon to be extinct hobby called camping.

2015 Chevy Silverado
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650

Old 09-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #7

We spent 3 days in Cass, West Virginia. No cell, internet or over the air tv. One radio station that went on at 6am and off at 6pm. Am station. I liked off the grid, DW didn't!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:53 AM   #8
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Thank you jgourlie! Yes, the control panel shows up when docked in the wall mount (which is directly above the monitor control panel on the wall). So, the hub, where is it? Perhaps in the bathroom closet space behind a panel? It certainly seems useless to use a gadget which is positioned in close proximity to a device which replicates what the gadget is supposed to do.

FR certainly does not give you adequate information for inquiring minds. Operating and maintenance manuals were non existent with the exception of the microwave and stove. (We only recently, after two months of having this unit, received all the manuals (online or otherwise). And that was because we insisted. There is much beyond appliances to maintain.
I am not sure on your particular model, my hub is located inside the kitchen cabinet on the opposite side of the tablet mounting location.

Not sure if that helps you or not?
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:41 PM   #9

We had the same problems.. The hub was located in the corner cabinet under the linc pad.. Our dear Camping World service representative liked to pull her hair out trying to get any information on this computer thingy.. Once she located the hub, she had to get the numbers off of it and program them into the linc pad.. Now, I can walk out side, (not to far mind you) and watch the stabilizers go up and down, If I run real fast, I can get amidships, and work the super slide to see if it clears the obstacles on the left side. When I get the camper out of Camping World repair for the leak, I will get the information They gave me and repost the website that they used to get the info I got.
Wire Wrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #10

We got our Camper back!! I got the manuals out, and they are from Lippert.. I guess you would have to go to them or your dealer to get them.. NOTICE I was talking plural.. There is an owners manual, and a Programming manual.. There is a lot to read and digest. It looks like this computer can turn off lights after you program the circuit breaker.. I will have to learn more about that as I am not computer savvy.. I have a few friends that teach me things like how to turn the durn things on and off. So, will touch base with them. If y'all find out any tricks and tips Please post them. I will as I find out more.
Wire Wrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
We got our Camper back!! I got the manuals out, and they are from Lippert.. I guess you would have to go to them or your dealer to get them.. NOTICE I was talking plural.. There is an owners manual, and a Programming manual.. There is a lot to read and digest. It looks like this computer can turn off lights after you program the circuit breaker.. I will have to learn more about that as I am not computer savvy.. I have a few friends that teach me things like how to turn the durn things on and off. So, will touch base with them. If y'all find out any tricks and tips Please post them. I will as I find out more.
Lucky you to have manuals! We only got a 3x4 copied piece we can barely read! Will try to locate them online. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Lucky you to have manuals! We only got a 3x4 copied piece we can barely read! Will try to locate them online. Thanks!
As a followup, I was able to locate both the Owners Manual and Programming Manual on the Lippert website. Here is the link for anyone else needing them. Technical Support Center and Videos

The MyRv Linc Pad is under Electronics

2015 Chevy Silverado
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650

Old 11-04-2015, 08:56 AM   #13

I have a new 2015 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 299RE with the MyRV linc pad. It does not appear to have the control panel loaded. I have verified the wifi connection with the hub and also tried with the cable plugged into the tablet but there is no control panel. In setup/application, I can see apps for lights and slides and stuff but no way to open the control panel. Please help.
PorterB64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #14

PorterB64, mine does not show the control panel either. And I've been unable to figure out how to get it. Only thing I know to do is take it back to dealer or contact Lippert.

2015 Chevy Silverado
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650

Old 11-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #15

Update: Sent an email to Lippert support and received a call back the same day. Seems there is a dip switch on the back of the hub (small while switch). It must be in the 'up' position. Up is relative to the label on the hub. I switched it and BOOM; I had the panel. Props to Lippert support.
PorterB64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #16

i'm picking up a used 2015 Vibe 272BHS this Wednesday. It has the setup for the MyRV Linc but no tablet. I contacted Lippert on a Sunday evening and had quite a long email conversation with a lead engineer. I can buy the tablet for $110 loaded with everything I need or wait until February 2016 when they will release apps that will run the system from any tablet or smartphone. It will be available on The Play Store for Android and iTunes for the Apple iPhone. The cost? $3.99. So guess what I'm doing... LOL

also has anyone tried using the on board WI-FI to send something to another phone or device?
FerrisFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:02 PM   #17

about time they come out with an app, i still have yet to be able to use this on my HG 365. First had issues with the range, got a rsnge extender but now i keep blowinf fuses, which requires me to remove everything from the pass thru, remove panels and replace fuse. i miss my simple remote from our old unit, worked like a champ everytime....
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #18

I contacted Lippert yesterday and the app is out for free on the Google play store and Apple store as well. It's basic at the moment, allowing for the slide, awning in/out, front and rear stabilizers up/down and the LED light under the awning. Updates will provide for the Tank monitor, HVAC, and Gen start/stop + hour meter. It will be available by March or before. The biggest downfall is that it is Wi-Fi. i have to disconnect from my home wifi to use this. Which will be the case if i happen to connect to a campground wifi. I am toying with idea of using one of my old smart phones as a dedicated "remote" for this system. then I won't have to worry. As i learn more i will post on here. and in a final unrelated note... hurry up spring, I gots some camping to do!
FerrisFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisFamilyof5 View Post
I contacted Lippert yesterday and the app is out for free on the Google play store and Apple store as well. It's basic at the moment, allowing for the slide, awning in/out, front and rear stabilizers up/down and the LED light under the awning. Updates will provide for the Tank monitor, HVAC, and Gen start/stop + hour meter. It will be available by March or before. The biggest downfall is that it is Wi-Fi. i have to disconnect from my home wifi to use this. Which will be the case if i happen to connect to a campground wifi. I am toying with idea of using one of my old smart phones as a dedicated "remote" for this system. then I won't have to worry. As i learn more i will post on here. and in a final unrelated note... hurry up spring, I gots some camping to do!
Sorry for resurrecting and old thread. Lippert has many apps available. Could you possibly tell us the name of this app? I searched "MYRV" in the app store and nothing came up. Searching Lippert did not show the desired app either
garysol1 is offline   Reply With Quote