Old 05-20-2015, 11:45 AM   #11

You might end up buying a new truck anyway
If you try pulling that TT with your current one! I know, bad joke. I love my Expy did not want to burn the motor up and scare myself. I'm not a white knuckles driver or flyer. All my best , I am interested in how your story ends.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #12

That is an excellent choice, I have the same TT and love it, but instead of using my 2006 Sequoia (which can pull 7k) I'm using a Ford F150 XLT and pulls nice. I also didn't get it because the weight. Good luck ..Enjoy your camping!

Old 05-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyCamper View Post
That is an excellent choice, I have the same TT and love it, but instead of using my 2006 Sequoia (which can pull 7k) I'm using a Ford F150 XLT and pulls nice. I also didn't get it because the weight. Good luck ..Enjoy your camping!
Im sorry, i am not clear on your statement, are u saying you did or have this unit, and are towing with F150 or you did not get it due to the wght?

steve
Old 05-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #14

I did get it, and I pull it with an F150XLT (pictured)...If you are concern about the weight, try the keystone Bullet 278RL, the floor plan is similar but the weight is a lot less and you will be able to pull with your Expedition. I just trade the Bullet for the HG. The HG 272RLIS is longer and has 2 slides instead of one from the Bullet.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyCamper View Post
I did get it, and I pull it with an F150XLT (pictured)...If you are concern about the weight, try the keystone Bullet 278RL, the floor plan is similar but the weight is a lot less and you will be able to pull with your Expedition. I just trade the Bullet for the HG. The HG 272RLIS is longer and has 2 slides instead of one from the Bullet.
Aha! Thank you for the clarification! I think, and prolly mistaken, but the F150 and the Exped are close in same towing, 8900 is what is say but only 15k GW with Trailer.

Do you do any type of traveling up mountain grades, im talking the smokies from North (Ohio) to Fl. so going through KY and TN is most of the Mts issues.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:44 PM   #16

I have a GMC Yukon and it would pull the trailer ok but you had better check the payload limit, with the tongue weight of the trailer and the DW and I we were over the payload limit but 300 pounds and were are not big people. The payload on my Yukon is 1200 pounds
Old 05-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosocks View Post
I have a GMC Yukon and it would pull the trailer ok but you had better check the payload limit, with the tongue weight of the trailer and the DW and I we were over the payload limit but 300 pounds and were are not big people. The payload on my Yukon is 1200 pounds
Agreed,

Was trying to figure things up, we come in with bodies, dogs, propane, clothes, coolers, food, BEER, BEER, BEER, did i mention Beer, Just kidding 12 pk Beer last me a weekend, lol, but anyhow we are looking around 700 lbs additional wght.

But.... the nice thing about a TT that we never really had prior is we would have a vehicle to drive and get most of the supply's, b4 with a class A it was a chore to take that to the local stores as most do not have parking for the big rig. Now with having vehicle can go to any mom n pop stores if needed.

I still am on the fence, someone else mentioned i would need to get "d" or "e" rated tires, Air bags for the suspension etc.

This is starting to get a bit more complicated.

Steve
Old 05-20-2015, 05:05 PM   #18

There is more to it than a hasty RV salesman will tell you. I was looking at a RAM 2500
before I settled on the F250 both diesel.
With a fifth wheel pin weight of 1700 I only had about 600-700 of payload left in the Ram.
The F250 payload is about 1000lbs higher.
So now my entire family can ride in the Supercrew not just me and a full tank of fuel.
You have payload limit, tongue limit
and the entire everything limit to consider.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #19

I want to thank everyone for their contributions, We have come to the conclusion to go ahead and purchase the unit.

If we (or when we) feel uncomfortable on how the combo preforms, will be looking for a more suitable tow vehicle.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedgraber View Post
I want to thank everyone for their contributions, We have come to the conclusion to go ahead and purchase the unit.

If we (or when we) feel uncomfortable on how the combo preforms, will be looking for a more suitable tow vehicle.

Thanks.

Great choice.. And You'll love the 272RLIS...