Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #1

Heritage glen 327RE.

Does anybody out here have one of these?
whatzleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
Infractee

I do, we love it. We looked at hundreds of floorplans over a few months time and for us it is the best
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #3

yeah that is what we have done, pretty sold on this one. Matter of fact we going to pick it up the day after Christmas! whooohoooo I was wondering if you could tell me about the tv set up over the fireplace. I am wondering if there is a plug on each side near the corner tables? I was wondering what I was going to do with my satellite receiver, thinking right above the stereo system, just assumed there would be a plug there. Am I correct in thinking this unit is satellite prepped, but not really prepped to put a receiver on the table without running the cable up and over the ledge to behind the tv?
Old 12-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #4

That is a nice floorplan. We have been looking at them too. I am wondering if you need a slide hitch with a short be (6.5') F-250.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #5

I have always heard the slide hitch is preferred for the short bed. Helps in maneuvering, backing up in camp spots without clipping the corner of your rv/truck cab. It will slide back about 10" I think to give you more room in tight spots. When towing down the road the hitch slides forward.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #6

we went with the RE over the RES to get the big residential bathtub and shower. I think that's the only difference.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #7
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatzleft View Post
yeah that is what we have done, pretty sold on this one. Matter of fact we going to pick it up the day after Christmas! whooohoooo I was wondering if you could tell me about the tv set up over the fireplace. I am wondering if there is a plug on each side near the corner tables? I was wondering what I was going to do with my satellite receiver, thinking right above the stereo system, just assumed there would be a plug there. Am I correct in thinking this unit is satellite prepped, but not really prepped to put a receiver on the table without running the cable up and over the ledge to behind the tv?
There are plugs on each side just above tables. Also plugs inside the TV cutout area. Camper is wired for sat TV as well as cable, that would probably be the best place for a receiver, I would imagine with little effort cable could be ran hidden from that area to TV using existing cable runs.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:10 PM   #8
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
That is a nice floorplan. We have been looking at them too. I am wondering if you need a slide hitch with a short be (6.5') F-250.
I tow ours with a SB F250, have about 70 degrees turn capable which is more than enough maneuverability as long as you do not get yourself into any crazy situations. With my TT I only had about 75 degrees so not really sure why people make a big deal out of it.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #9
Infractee

Quote:
we went with the RE over the RES to get the big residential bathtub and shower. I think that's the only difference.
Yep, and the residential fridge.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #10

I will be using a Silverado 2500 Vortex 6.0 gaser. How does yours pull RhoZeta? We are going this Friday to Ohio to pick this up and drive it back to NC. whooohooo!

Glad to hear about the plugs on each side... thanks
Old 12-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #11
Infractee

I recently traded my 6.8L gas V10 in for a 6.7L diesel. My V10 pulled it well, the diesel pulls it even better. Just went on a short trip (only 400 miles) over Thanksgiving with it and what a difference, from power to mileage.
Trailer pulls great, you will probably find that the pin weight will be more than you counted on, trailer axles pretty far back and not a lot of weight behind them makes for the heavy pin, especially if you load up the basement. My pin last scaled at just over 2K.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #12
Infractee

Congrats on your new rig! Have fun on your trip!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:25 PM   #13

Thanks RhoZeta... yeah I am going to have a load when we take off for a camping trip, I did figure my pin at GVWR of the 5er, still within the limits, but still a load. Thanks for ur input, and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #14
Infractee

Quote:
Thanks RhoZeta... yeah I am going to have a load when we take off for a camping trip, I did figure my pin at GVWR of the 5er.
That is probably the best idea, if you figure 20% @GVWR That will easily cover it all with room to spare. I am currently scaling right at 20% pin, checked it loaded lightly and loaded heavily.