Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #41

Prior to making the decision to purchase the 356qbq, I was doing research on this forum and did notice a few comments about the front black & grey drain handles being switched. During the walk through on the day I picked the camper up, that was one of the first things I checked and sure enough, they were flipped. I also found out that the front sewer attachment outlet is slightly oversized and does not allow a good fit with the sew hose... Just another item to have fixed.
Gas mileage is around 11mpg, but I have only towed it for 60 or so miles.
I will take note on purchasing the additional vac hoses & bags directly from intervac.
Jakewb5025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #42

Just received 356QBQ Today

Great looking fifth wheel , this is our first had a 2003 TT, but with grand kids we needed more room. Has anyone had any problems with the outside kitchen sink? We hooked up the water and perged the air in the water lines. The outside sink does not drain, had to bail it out with a glass, almost over flowed.
rlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlandry View Post
Great looking fifth wheel , this is our first had a 2003 TT, but with grand kids we needed more room. Has anyone had any problems with the outside kitchen sink? We hooked up the water and perged the air in the water lines. The outside sink does not drain, had to bail it out with a glass, almost over flowed.
Ok simple question don't take offense. The outdoor sink has a screw in strainer /drain plug. Is this screwed shut? I've notice before on mine it sometimes is inadvertently screwed in. If not, call the dealer. They should have checked this prior to your delivery.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #44

I had the plug completely out of the sink. Do you know if there is a one way check valve in the lines going to the tank?
Old 10-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #45

Ok. I'd call the dealer. I don't know whether or not this drains to the rear gray or the galley tank. It telescopes out when the slide is moved out. Any other drain issues? Also check the series 300 toilets and make sure they don't have internal leaks. If so, look at the sticky thread in the plumbing section regarding this. Enjoy the new 5er. You will get a ton of looks and questions when you pull somewhere.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #46

Sink not draining

The only other thing I would add would be to go in under the slide area and make sure the white plastic flex hose in not kinked for the drain. I can't remember if there is a fitting there you can undo to run a fish tape or a stiff piece of cable through to dislodge anything in the way. I just stored mine for the winter and was back doing some mods and noticed the water supply line....a plastic hose...is kinked when in the slide is in the closed position and will have to check that when the slides goes out again in the Spring. But it would be good to check under the kitchen slide for a crushed drain tube or something and it should drain I believe into the rear grey as there is hard pipe running into a rubber fitting that slides into the belly of the trailer very close to the back area where the rear gray tank would be.
Vtxguypei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #47

I will check it when i get home tonight, Thanks and God Bless.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #48

Drains and toilets

Just read this post.my drain on the outside sink was leaking severely ,the compression ring is not set. Right .MORE importantly check the back of both your toilets?REACH underneath in the open space way back in BOTH mine were spraying water when you flush. there is a appx.4 inch long tube from the plastic elbow to the sprayer which is clipped to the bowl . THEY neglected to put a crimp clamp on either side so when you flush it shoots a little water out?I only found out because I spent two weeks sleeping in my unit on my side yard while we gave my mother in law my bedroom ?it filled that hollow chamber up and then started spraying the back wall . I came up with a way to put hose clamps on them to stop them from leaking.the back bathroom was a lot easier because I had room to work took me 1 1/2 to do the front one. I did not want to pull the toilets.i took a small siphon hose to drain most of the water out of the chamber.i didn't like it but it was easier and cheaper than a two hour drive to the dealer.
Ecclesiastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #49

Hi Chewie, What kind of led taillights did you put on? Can you put a pic of it? Thank you
mario_bovio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_bovio View Post
Hi Chewie, What kind of led taillights did you put on? Can you put a pic of it? Thank you

I will get some pics when the snow storm stops here. I believe they were blazer brand from Walmart. They are sealed, submersible led taillights that are universal. Works well, nice and bright.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
Ok. I'd call the dealer. I don't know whether or not this drains to the rear gray or the galley tank. It telescopes out when the slide is moved out. Any other drain issues? Also check the series 300 toilets and make sure they don't have internal leaks. If so, look at the sticky thread in the plumbing section regarding this. Enjoy the new 5er. You will get a ton of looks and questions when you pull somewhere.
Why would the toliet bubble water through the drain hole when the tolet is flushed? Black tank is empty and has been flushed out.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlandry View Post
Why would the toliet bubble water through the drain hole when the tolet is flushed? Black tank is empty and has been flushed out.

Which drain are you talking about?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #53

when you flush the toliet water bubbles up in the toliet bowl opening, before it goes into the tank.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #54

Front bathroom? Mine did that when the tank was full and that's when I realized the front sewer handles were reversed. I thought I was emptying the black and it was actually the gray. After that was fixed I don't get any bubbles when flushing. Other thing to check is the vent on the roof, make sure nothing is blocking it.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #55

back bathroom. Both rear tanks show to be empty. I have drained the black tank and flushed it. Checked the vent already.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #56

Hmm, ok. Maybe try flushing slower on the foot pedal so there is more of an air break. Otherwise not sure, hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #57
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Did you check the vent for depth into the tank?
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Did you check the vent for depth into the tank?
I have a service guy coming to change out both toliets next week, due to the smell issue. I will have him check out the bubble issue to.
Thanks.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #59

Read this article and try this vent. Forest river will be installing on certain models moving forward. http://www.rvdoctor.com/2012/08/prod...sewer.html?m=1
MTNRUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #60

Just bought our2014 Wildwood Heritage Glen 356QBQ hope all the problems you guys have encountered are fixed when it gets in, if not I know what to look for when I pick it up thanks guys!!! Tod
DiverT is offline   Reply With Quote