Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #31

I am looking at purchasing this same trailer. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD with the towing package (4.10) and based on the vehicle specs, it appears there should be no issues with towing this trailer. I have been towing a 26 travel trailer with no issues, but would like to upgrade to this 5th wheel. I am looking for feedback for those who have experience in towing 5th wheels.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #32

I have only towed it once 200 miles from ft Meyers to home doing 65-70 my truck pulled it with only water in 80 gallon tank it was brand new.nothing else inside . DIDN'T EVEN FEEL IT!!!!!! This is Florida so no mts. But I love the unit !!!! I knew my truck can tow it 18000 tow limit I was a little concerned about tongue weight but that's only because I have never towed anything this big before. I have a short bed so I got the pullrite super glide hitch. Ps I got 11-13 mpg with ac running 15-17 mpq with the ac off" I have the ram diesel 2500

Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #33

i appreciate the feedback. I have the 6.0 gasser with the 4.10 rear end.
According to the vehicle information, it's towing capacity is rated at 15,800 lbs
and max payload is 3069 lbs.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #34

What are you figuring on mileage ?DO You have long bed?
Old 09-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #35

it's the standard 6.5ft bed. I live in Michigan and plan on towing it across the state a few times per year. I am concerned on the MPG though. When I tow my current 26ft travel trailer, I average around 9-10 MPG..
Old 09-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #36

tow vehicle mileage

Just thought I would add my comments on what was used to tow our trailer home. It was a 2003 Dodge 2500 with Cummins diesel engine. It pulled along fine with not very much effort...mpg's worked out to just over 12 running from Calais, ME to Moncton, NB with some hills but major highway all the way. Worked well and truck was not loaded down at all.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #37

I guess I should have looked further...found the low point drains on the door side of the trailer about 4-5 feet to the right of the steps just behind the lower metal curved bottom piece between that and the frame rail. Unscrewed the caps...opened the taps...drained water after I bypassed the water heater ...replaced the caps...pumped antifreeze through everything...then drained again which should leave antifreeze in the low spots.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #38

Just bought a new 356 qbq this past Friday and absolutely love it.
I was a little worried about pulling it with a 2500 gasser, but could hardly tell it was back there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0483.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	40491  
Old 10-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #39

Congrats. Read the earlier threads and check your front sewer handles. Most are backwards. The far inner one is your black tank, marked grey. We love ours, just added led taillights today.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #40

Congrads. I know how you feel. What did you get gas mileage wise? If you find your central vac hose is too short like mine was ,you can buy direct from intervac 16 dollars a 10 ft section I ordered two sections and vac bags for what others wanted for ONE section. I still can't figure where to put the hand towel and toilet brackets in the back bathroom yet. Enjoy!!!!!