Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2016, 02:49 PM   #1

Heritage Glen DVD player question

I have a new 2017 Heritage Glen 27bh with the dvd player/radio combo. It has a usb port on the bottom left corner. Does this unit play movies from a flash drive? If so, how? Mine doesn't seem to recognize when a flash drive is inserted. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Tow Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Travel Trailer: 2017 Heritage Glen 27BH
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
I have a new 2017 Heritage Glen 27bh with the dvd player/radio combo. It has a usb port on the bottom left corner. Does this unit play movies from a flash drive? If so, how? Mine doesn't seem to recognize when a flash drive is inserted. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
Regretfully it does not... at least the 5070/5090 Jensen's that come in most trailers do not.

Do you happen to know the model number?

Not that it matters just sharing to give you ideas:
We have a TV in ours that we can broadcast to with and IPAD, HDMI w/DirecTV, HMDI w/Fire-Stick, HDMI w/WII, and a PC connected to it. MIFI Verizon Jet-Pack for Internet, PLEX Server at home that we sometime stream movies from to the Fire-Stick.

2016 Ford Lariat F250 Super Duty
2016 Heritage Glen 337BAR
mboatwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #3

Bummer. Thank you for the info though. Is there an aftermarket radio/dvd player combo that fits in the travel trailers with superior functionality? It would be nice to play blurays and play movies from usb. Thanks!

Old 06-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Bummer. Thank you for the info though. Is there an aftermarket radio/dvd player combo that fits in the travel trailers with superior functionality? It would be nice to play blurays and play movies from usb. Thanks!
For the money you'd be better off buying a BluRay/DVD player with built in USB from your local electronics store. To answer your question yes there are stereo's out there that would somewhat fit, you would have to maybe add a back-plate unless you bought a radio specifically for an RV. Our TV will play MP4's and a couple other formats off a USB drive, check your TV. Keep in mind we replaced our TV with a larger residential model with more inputs to fit our wants and requirements... I'll add some pictures soon of our installation.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:54 PM   #5

I hope others post with some suggestions, by no means am I an expert on this subject. Just sharing with you what we did that fit what we wanted...

Guys post up!

Old 06-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Can you provide the make/model of the player and the TV that is currently installed? There is not much our there on the 12V side in hi def but you might be able to use a small inverter to power a 120V blue ray player and then run the sound to the radio inputs if available. Need to understand your present components ins/outs to make a proper recommendation.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Can you provide the make/model of the player and the TV that is currently installed? There is not much our there on the 12V side in hi def but you might be able to use a small inverter to power a 120V blue ray player and then run the sound to the radio inputs if available. Need to understand your present components ins/outs to make a proper recommendation.
I am having a difficult time locating the model number and manufacturer info for some of the accessories in my camper. The touch screen remote for example, I had to call the dealer to find out who made it so that I could look up how to change the pin. The radio in the camper doesn't have a name brand on it, let alone a model number. I didn't see any literature on it in the documentation they provided. I suppose I can call the dealer again, but I thought it would be more apparent than that. Even if you go to the forest river website they don't give specific details for the accessories in their units. Thankfully the TV says Jensen right on it so I have a starting place. I don't know the specific model number for the TV, but at least I know it's a 32" Jensen. It does not operate unless I'm plugged in so it either does not operate on 12v or it is not hooked up to switch seamlessly. I'm still a noob to the RV scene so I'll learn as I go. Thanks for all the help.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #8

Quote:
I am having a difficult time locating the model number and manufacturer info for some of the accessories in my camper. The touch screen remote for example, I had to call the dealer to find out who made it so that I could look up how to change the pin. The radio in the camper doesn't have a name brand on it, let alone a model number. I didn't see any literature on it in the documentation they provided. I suppose I can call the dealer again, but I thought it would be more apparent than that. Even if you go to the forest river website they don't give specific details for the accessories in their units. Thankfully the TV says Jensen right on it so I have a starting place. I don't know the specific model number for the TV, but at least I know it's a 32" Jensen. It does not operate unless I'm plugged in so it either does not operate on 12v or it is not hooked up to switch seamlessly. I'm still a noob to the RV scene so I'll learn as I go. Thanks for all the help.
Is it any of these: https://www.magnadyne.com/catalog/ca....cfm?CID=36884

Old 06-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #9

OK, it appears I have the Magnadyne 5090 Linear Series 120 Watt AM/FM/CD/DVD In-Wall Receiver w/ Remote Control & Bluetooth Audio. When in doubt, search RV radios on Amazon.... https://www.amazon.com/Magnadyne-RV5...words=rv+radio

Interesting it says it has bluetooth. I'll have to download the manual now that I know what I have. It wasn't obvious it had bluetooth from just playing around with it.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #10
I go RV'ing not Camping

My jensen tv doesn't run on 12volt in my Heritage Glen.

I saw that was one of your questions
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:08 PM   #11

Heritage Glen DVD player question

Our W&P has a use port on the right side bottom. Ours is a brand "Furrion". It has a removable face that then allows us to play DVD's. I suggest you google the name brand of the radio for a user manual to remove all doubt.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #12

The Manuals are found on the site I linked a few post up. look closely 5070/80/90 all look alike. I have the 5070... no Bluetooth!

Old 06-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #13
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
Our W&P has a use port on the right side bottom. Ours is a brand "Furrion". It has a removable face that then allows us to play DVD's. I suggest you google the name brand of the radio for a user manual to remove all doubt.
He has a linear series...My Heritage Glen has the same brand stereo/dvd player
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboatwright View Post
The Manuals are found on the site I linked a few post up. look closely 5070/80/90 all look alike. I have the 5070... no Bluetooth!
OK, finally had time to sit down at the computer and look into the details. Dang it... I have the 5070 without bluetooth. I can't say I'm too heartbroken. My $100 Bose Soundlink Color Speaker is portable and sounds superior to the audio system in my TT. Thanks for all the help guys.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #15

Quote:
OK, finally had time to sit down at the computer and look into the details. Dang it... I have the 5070 without bluetooth. I can't say I'm too heartbroken. My $100 Bose Soundlink Color Speaker is portable and sounds superior to the audio system in my TT. Thanks for all the help guys.
OK...other than a complete upgrade to a different brand model radio/dvd player... my thoughts for how to best do what you want are to:
1. Buy a Blue Ray player and a small 12V inverter to power it. It should have USB capability and HDMI output which you can run to your Jensen TV directly for an excellent picture.
2. The player should also have R+L audio RCA jack outputs so you can run an audio cable to the inputs on the back of your radio for better sound than the TV can give.
3. Finally...your crappy sound has much more to do with your crappy speakers (welcome to the club!) and the best single improvement you can make is to replace the existing ones with decent ones from a reputable speaker company. (between 50-$100 will be fine)

...or just live with what you've got...
Old 06-21-2016, 07:07 AM   #16

Yeah, I started investigating speakers last night. Any recommendations?

Old 06-21-2016, 09:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Yeah, I started investigating speakers last night. Any recommendations?
Well...I am not familiar with your set up so don't know which el cheapos FR installed and what kind of space you have both in depth and on the surface. I just replaced mine last weekend and planned to do a more extensive post on the process for other G'town owners but I did make a flickr album on it which I think you can access for some ideas.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438005...57669901587726

Note there is text at the top of the screen that you can click on and scroll through for my thoughts on the process & products.
Dunno if it will work for you but if not, I can give you other suggestions if you can link to a pix of what you have in the TT now.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #18

Thanks! I looked at the pics and it looks good!

Old 06-22-2016, 07:06 PM   #19

Regarding the ability to play digital copies of movies, I'm eyeing these two players on Amazon. Both can play movies in a variety of formats off of SD cards and flash drives.

Micca Speck G2 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=AFKH6OU9WWNFS

Zen Box https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3AU0JC6PKIBS4

Old 06-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #20

Both support ANALOG audio output as well as HDMI to the TV so both will work well for you. Assuming your not an Apple guy...Looks to me like the Zen is the superior and more future ready model for a couple of bucks more. I learned something new tonite...Thanks!

Tags
dvd