Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
In our Salem Hemisphere the TV and scissor mount lifts off the interior wall and fits right into the holder by the outside kitchen. The mount stays attached to the tv.
Unfortunately ours does not work that way. The TV and mount are bolted to the wall.

I did find the company that makes the type of mount I have: Home

Ordered one for $9 + shipping.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #22

That doesn't make sense they would put a mount on the outside that you cannot use without buying another part. I will say the mount is a different kind than what is on our hemisphere.
Bear fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSmitty View Post
Unfortunately ours does not work that way. The TV and mount are bolted to the wall.

I did find the company that makes the type of mount I have: Home

Ordered one for $9 + shipping.
Looks like I lied to you folks...

Our TV does have the same kind of mount used on the external wall. Unfortunately the mount I ordered from the above link is not the right model of that type mount...confused yet?

Way I understand it...FR used to use mounts made out of metal. Supposedly they change to the polyurethane type mounts several years ago. Those are the types sold form the link above. For what ever reason mine has the metal TV mount which does not work with the polyurethane type.

The polyurethane model is thicker and will not fit into the metal type mount. Going to see if I can shave a bit off the poly type to fit into the metal type.

Anyone find where to get the metal type? Get from FR?

Thanks,
Old 03-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #24

Which leads to another question...

We did move the TV outside and connected it to the coax connection on the exterior wall. The connection was marked "Park Cable", but thought that FR would not be silly enough to make that a cable connection only. I was wrong! Had to run a a piece of coax from the box inside the rig through the kitchen window to get the tv connected to the tv antenna.

I am assuming others have/had the same issue? Any fixes?

Thanks,

Tags
mount, tv mount