Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #1

HG 356QBQ Owners

For those who own one, next month will be 1 year for mine. Keep an eye out... I recently started having a small issue with blowing a fuse for the outdoor kitchen lights and 2 interior lights in the rear bunk area. Couldn't figure out why since they were LED and obviously not drawing 15a. Turns out, the wiring underneath the left rear slide was binding in the slide out mechanism and breaking the wires. The wiring is inside loom that is on a flexible piece of plastic that bends when opening/ closing the slide. When closing, that flexible plastic is dropping down too far and getting caught in the slide actuator. I was able to temporarily repair it on our last trip when I found it. Its back in for the warranty now. Should be back in a few days.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #2

We have a 15 amp fuse blown out that says light.......we've had the 2 lights in the rear bunk house out since we bought it over the winter months. 2nd weekend using it and now that fuse is blowing as soon as I put a new one in. Far as I can tell every light in the camper is working except the bunkhouse bunk lights. It's the 2nd fuse down from the top, does anyone know what that controls for sure? Just odd that those lights have never worked and now blowing a fuse after only 2 uses....
locomotivejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #3

Check the wiring harness under the left rear slideout. It may be crushed by the slide.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #4

That's exactly where my problem is. The flexible tubing is crushed and bare wires are hanging out of it. I can do a temp repair to get by but I'm curious what the dealer did to fix that problem? (It's a 2 hr drive to our dealer). Looks like it's going to get crushed every time the slide out is closed.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #5

Well the repaired the wiring harness, but it seems to still hang low for my liking. I'm going to try and mess with it this week to see what I can come up with.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #6

We take delivery of our 356QBQ on the 12th of next month. Really looking forward to it!
TeamBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #7

Congrats on the new purchase. Be sure to read through the other post also on a few potential problems and quirks you might need to be aware of. Loving ours after getting a few things ironed out early on!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #8

Will do, I have been reading a lot on here. This is a great forum!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #9

Congrats on the new 5er. Any questions, just ask. This is still a relatively new model, some quirks are being ironed out, but otherwise we love ours.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #10

Thanks, I'm sure we are going to love ours as well.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #11

Hey Chewie or anyone else, did you get the second year warranty from Forrest River and if so was it easy to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #12

We bought it. If I remember it was $150 for an additional year. We just sent in the form that came in our owners packet. Pretty easy.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #13

Okay thanks I'll have to go thru the packet again and see if it's in there.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #14

I didn't get the 2nd year FR warranty, I have I think a 5-6 year extended and can remember who it's through. I'd have to get the paperwork.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #15

About to purchase my 356qbq, any advice on where to put bikes on this thing? Thanks for any input.
zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #16

With the rear door it makes it tough to put a bike rack back there. We don't have any bikes with us but maybe some of the others have a good idea.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #17

Very excited about picking up the camper tomorrow, the 356qbq. We did the pdi last Saturday and I left it there so they can finish up some final items. What are your ideas about hot water heaters? Should I have gotten a 10 gallon? Or will a 6 gallon hot water heater with quick recovery be okay? FYI - for those of you who are following my journey the dealer will be throwing in a ladder in about three or four weeks, very awesome.
zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #18

Fun town rv and forest river hg 356qbq

We purchased our first fifth wheel ( FOREST RIVER HG 356QBQ) from Fun Town RV in Cleburn,Tx last year. They delivered the unit to me in September 2013. .
My new fifth wheel came to me with these defects
1. outside sink would not drain( check valve bad),
2. stove would not stay lit
3. heater would not blow into back bathroom
4. sink faucets in both bathroom sinks leaked
5. both toilets in the bathrooms leaked .
I have had my fifth wheel for over a year and it just got fixed. All these repairs should have been covered under warranty, but it cost me $248 to have them repaired. I would never buy another RV from your Fun Town RV in Cleburne,TX or Forest River Product., your service department is the worst I have encountered in my life. The worst part when you call to complain they just send you to someones voice mail and then they never call you back. I paid alot of money for this fifth wheel and got the extended warranty and still had to pay to get it fixed. Forest River is no better than Fun Town RV, they never call you back to answer your complaint.
rlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:24 AM   #19

I have had my HG 356QBQ for 9 months now n I have a lot of problems with it, I took it to lazydays to get repair a leak on the black tank flush water line, holes in the air mattress, leak on the outside kitchen, control panel ( panel that works all the slides, awning, landing gear n stabilizer jacks not working) the exhaust fan (above the stove) n the only thing they got fixed in a week was a leak on the black tank flush ( their excuse was that they were waiting on forest river to approve the repairs). I use my rv full time n I travel every week, n now I have more problems ( there is a big gap in the wall between the living room slide n the back room slide, the bathtub on the bathroom is leaking n I have a soft floor in the living room area). I'm really disappointed with this rv.
mario_bovio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #20

I had an other issue with my fifth wheel last Monday, I was making a left to turn to go into the interstate and all I saw was my trailer rocking side to side, I pulled over n I saw my rim n tire on the intersection the hub studs broke ( making the rim n tire to pop off ) thanks to that my fender, skirt n even the motor of my rear stabilizer jacks broke. Be careful out there guys hopefully this doesn't happen to u guys, it was a little scary not to much about my trailer I was worry about someone getting hurt
mario_bovio is offline   Reply With Quote