Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2015, 10:44 AM   #1

Hitching up...found some water.

HELP!! My trailer was sitting at the top of my driveway with a slight lean to the passenger side. It was sitting level front to back. When I hitched up my RV to my tow vehicle it dipped forward(driveway is sloped)...anyway I went into my RV and noticed some water on the floor and the carpet on the extreme forward end of the slide was a bit wet (not a lot of water but a small puddle) Anyway, we just bought this trailer (2014 Wildwood 28DBUD) privately and I have never had a slide before. Should I be worried. I did note the the rubber on the rear of the slide (the trim piece) i will call it has a gap where as the front is tight and plan to get it adjusted. The wife did have the slide out slightly the other day while moving stuff in. We did have significant rainfall yesterday. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
mvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #2

Sounds like water leaked in around slide.if rubber seals look good prob from when slide was out a bit.I would suggest to either have slides completely open or closed not designed to be partially open
mulltrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulltrr View Post
Sounds like water leaked in around slide.if rubber seals look good prob from when slide was out a bit.I would suggest to either have slides completely open or closed not designed to be partially open
X2. If the slide is only partially open that would cause a leak. Best to have slides either all the way open or all the way closed.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:44 AM   #4

I have a Wildwood 26tbss and had a similar problem . When the slide is closed check and make sure it is flush to the camper body. I had to bring mine in to get adjusted. The camper was only 6 months old when this happened so the warranty covered it .
bigeyes68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch, water