Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Adony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 216
How safe is this?

Although we love our Wildwood TT, a recent leak at the external water supply connection had me wondering just how safe the design was?? Installing the water connection directly several inches above the 30A power connection??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waterelect.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	51997  
__________________

__________________
Ted
2010 T25KS Wildwood
2006 F-250 SD
STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 139
In my trailer, the water pump, water inlet, and literally everything else water related, is right next to the electric converter box. Super smart. Makes me want to build something around it to shield it from water in case of a leak.
__________________

__________________
TV: 2013 Ram 2500 4x4 mega cab w/6.7l Cummins
Trailer: 2013 Palomino Puma 27SBU
bitNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
Member
 
jonandjolene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 46
Your power cord connection should be water proof if connected correctly. Would not be much different than an extended rain storm.
__________________
JonandJolene
2013 Blue Ridge 3125RT
w/ TrailAir suspension
2015 Ford F250 4X4, 6.7 PSD
Pullrite Slider Hitch
jonandjolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandjolene View Post
Your power cord connection should be water proof if connected correctly. Would not be much different than an extended rain storm.
X2
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
markb5900's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 649
From the pic, doesn't look to good to me. Some engineer that hasn't been out of their office in years designed it.
In my Salem, the cord is directly ABOVE the water hook up.
I would just make sure you have good hose washers in it. At least the flap should deflect most of the water from it if you do have a drip.
__________________
Mark B
2015 32 Foot Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2017 GMC 3/4 Ton TV
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #6
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
And I thought it was bad that my electrical connection was right below the fridge's condensation drain. As the other's have said it should be waterproof if properly connected. Just make sure "disconnect city water" comes before "disconnect electrical" on your closeup checklist.
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
And I thought it was bad that my electrical connection was right below the fridge's condensation drain. As the other's have said it should be waterproof if properly connected. Just make sure "disconnect city water" comes before "disconnect electrical" on your closeup checklist.
I would shut the power off at the pedestal first and then the water @ the faucet before I touched the camper IF I was worried.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adony View Post
Although we love our Wildwood TT, a recent leak at the external water supply connection had me wondering just how safe the design was?? Installing the water connection directly several inches above the 30A power connection??
My flagstaff had the same connection.
6 years never an issue.

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.